Customer Operations Manager
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Customer Operations Manager
The Customer Operations Manager (COM) is an exciting, newly created role as a result of business expansion in Ireland – the role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to have a huge impact on our local business whilst developing invaluable knowledge and skills. The COM is Ericsson’s primary point of contact towards our customer’s network organisation, playing a key role in ensuring that all contractual deliveries are fulfilled towards the customer account.
The COM works collaboratively with the internal delivery organisations (local and global) and towards the customer to ensure that the projects within the project portfolio are progressing according to plan and that the quality and cost of the services delivered by the internal organisations are in accordance with the WLA (Working Level Agreement).
The COM, interfacing up to C-Suite executive within our customers and internally within Ericsson, will act as a central point for escalation and management of issues that may arise from the delivery of the contracts, along with initiating improvement plans, as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Leading the project teams (Customer Project Managers, Integration Engineers, Solution Architects and/or Customer Support Engineers) assigned to the execution of the customer’s projects portfolio, the COM:
- Drives project execution: tracks project activities, monitors & handles changes, conflicts & escalations.
- Establishes the project plan baseline: defines project scope, secures the necessary resources & plans & monitors all activities.
- Develops the business: participates in contract preparation and drives additional business growth, coordinating service cost quotations in response to specific sales opportunities or contract scope changes, as well as issuing any assignment CRs (Change Requests).
- Handles customer & stakeholder engagement: manages customer relationship - building confidence & trust, ensures project progress, arranges meetings & customer events
- Manages project finance: ensures financial system monitoring.
- Maintains Periodic Formal Governance with local service delivery organisation to ensure regular updates of important activities, reporting on status of Working Level Agreement (WLA) Key Performances Indicators (KPIs).
- Initiates and drives improvement plans to correct operational or financial performance deviations towards a specific WLA.
- Contributes to the ‘Network Services Build’ strategy development and execution: simplifies processes, methods & tools with innovative ideas and industry best practices.
Preferred qualifications and experience requirements:
The COM will have a background in delivery towards customers in one or more of the following domains: Radio Rollout, Systems Integration, Managed Services and/or Customer Support.
The COM will have significant experience in a leadership role (not necessarily line management), preferably in the area of Service Delivery and/or Operations.
The COM will have proven experience in one or more of the following:
- PMI certification
- Project Sales Process
- Contract management
- Management of third-party suppliers
- Management of complex financials
- Collaborative Leadership Competence
- Financial Acumen and Analysis
- Business understanding
- Customer Relationship Handling
- Negotiation and argumentation
- Project & Program Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 275962