As a Senior Technical Trainer, you will develop technical training programs and help integrators develop skills that will enable them to install, administer and integrate with the CENX Service Assurance Platform.
Technical trainers must be knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect a Senior Technical Trainer to be an excellent communicator and able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Conduct Training Needs Assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks. Location, type of training and number of attendees.
- Devise technical training objectives and programs according to organizational requirements
- Deliver technical training globally – on-site at the customer location, at E/// location or remotely via virtual class
- Develop training programs including; outlines, text, handouts, tests, and design laboratory exercises applying knowledge in telecommunications, SDK/API’s and modern training techniques
- Prepare multimedia training material (presentations, videos, computer-based training, laboratory, etc.)
- Develop and maintain lab environment to support laboratory exercises
- Refresh and update training collateral to align with core releases
- Work closely with Software Development, Professional Services and Documentation on definition and delivery of technical training courses
- Work closely with Software Development, Professional Services, Documentation and Operations groups on development of certification exams
- Gather and report data on completed courses, attendance, issues etc.
- Evaluate training programs for overall effectiveness and implement improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in telecommunications/networking industry
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in designing and delivering technical training
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools for technical subjects
- Knowledgeable in Linux
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable speaking to large groups
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, AWS, Azure
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer)
- Knowledge of SDK’s and API’s for connecting applications to back-end services
- Experience with Mobile Backhaul, understanding of Mobile technologies (2G,3G,4G/LTE)
- Knowledge of Openstack, SDN/NFV, specifically SD-WAN, SD-DC, Closed Loop Automation and API's
- Prior experience at Carriers/Service Providers or direct experience in working closely with such companies
- Experience with Network Management Systems and technologies
- Experience working with Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- High level of competence to effectively provide technical training solutions ensuring the delivery of high quality training to partners
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and craft a more balanced future. With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ServEng
Req ID: 275826