Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
CAS – You don’t have to go there to be there
Customer Access & Security (CAS) is one of the Service Delivery Tools solutions. Our vision is to provide reliable secure access to customer’s networks for all Ericsson solutions and personnel.
The project started in 2013 with a handful of software engineers working closely with the platform integration team. Currently we have around 50 developers / architects / integrators and we are to expand our capacity with another people in the upcoming months.
We are working in a highly collaborative environment, taking advantage of widespread, open source technologies and following industry best practices (continuous integration, auto testing, deployment automation with Puppet, code reviews, code analysis, etc.). Our solution based on enterprise software frameworks (Spring, Vaadin). Currently we have 19 hub sites around the world (e.g. Melbourne, Singapore, Stockholm, Dallas, San Jose, Sao Paulo, etc.).
We are proud of the expertise of our team members and the high standards we keep ourselves committed to - continuously seeking for improvements in our development tools and methods, raising the bar in agility, efficiency, and quality.
As a IT & 3P Product Owner, you’re responsible for drive the development teams based on the collected business needs.
You’re expected to take a professional viewpoint, work as a team player, and show perseverance in delivering results. What we provide you is a friendly environment and highly a skilled team, passionate about problem solving in general.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Collaborate with the Domain and Solution Architects of the product
- Collaborate with Strategic Product Manager and define the product roadmap
- Understand main feature requirements and break them down into detailed requirements
- Prioritize the requirements, handle the backlog of the product
- Plan the delivery of the requirements in the product releases and follow-up the implementation through the feature flow process
- Continuously monitoring industry trends and propose implementation of those in the product
- Participate in product level boards and represent the area on those
- MSc or BSc degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- 2-3 years of experience on a related field
- Solid Agile Product Owner knowledge
- Knowledge in networking (Juniper) and virtualization (VMware)
- Knowledge in automatization (Puppet, Ansible)
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Consultative skills
- Mentoring skills
- Experience with Jira, RTC and Confluence.
- Experience with Git or other version control system
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || IT
Req ID: 275245