Technical Writer Student Internship
Start date: September 3rd, 2019
Duration: 4, 8 or 12 months
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for an internship, candidates must be current, degree-seeking students graduating on or after the end date of the work term (2019/2020). Candidates who are not currently pursuing a degree or who graduate before this date do not meet intern program criteria and will be automatically disqualified for this role. All candidates must attend an eligible Canadian university and be eligible to work in Canada.
**Important instructions for applicants**
- Please indicate in your resume or a cover letter how many months you are available for.
- Please include at least 2 writing samples with your submission. Most writing samples 1 to 2 pages in length will suffice. Examples include short essay, blog, brochure, report, journal, writing assignment, or any form of English writing.
Ericsson is the global leader in telecommunications technology (ICT) and services and employs over 118,000 professionals in more than 170 countries.
Ericsson is shaping the future of mobile broadband Internet communications through its continuous technology leadership, helping to create the most powerful communication companies in the world.
The Ericsson Internship Program allows students from various disciplines to gain real work experience with cutting edge technologies. We focus on developing skills in an open, diverse environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Our program allows students to build strong relationships with executives, professionals and other interns while maximizing their personal potential to make a tangible impact.
Do you enjoy expressing ideas in words? Are you highly proficient in the English language and enjoy working with people of diverse expertise? Can you skillfully convey technical information in a clear and concise manner? As a Technical Writer Intern at Ericsson, you will be an integral part of all phases of the documentation life cycle. You will develop, write, and edit high-quality technical product documentation, and ensure its seamless flow to both internal and external users. If a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly-collaborative environment excites you, then Ericsson is the right place for you!
Our Exciting Opportunity!
- Collaborate alongside the documentation team to deliver product documentation for software products Ericsson Catalog Manager (ECM) and Ericsson Order Care (EOC).
- Learn leading-edge software product, software development processes, and technical writing tools.
- Gather technical information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Technical Writers (TWs), and research to produce high-quality documentation throughout the Agile-based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gather and document development and operations processes.
- Perform product documentation release tasks such as building, uploading, publishing, and verifying documentation library.
- Answer Trouble Reports (TRs) to correct and update documentation for software or documentation defects.
- Collaborate with other TWs to work on documentation improvements tasks in various formats including audio and video.
- Support documentation feedback inputs from various sources and appropriately update documentation.
- Support training activities.
- Test written procedures against the product.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by team lead and line manager.
- Completed 1 year of a university degree in Technical Communication, English (Language, Rhetoric or Literature), Journalism, or similar discipline.
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills, especially in technical writing.
- Passion in writing.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with word processing (MS-Word), spreadsheet (MS-Excel), presentation (MS-PowerPoint), email (MS-Outlook), and other authoring, document handling and graphics software.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands and new responsibilities.
- Ability to work alone and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities.
- Determination and capacity to do what it takes to complete tasks on time and meet requirements.
- Good judgement to follow instructions and make recommendations, estimate and meet deadlines, flag and resolve issues, and recall and improve from lessons learned.
- Innovative mind that enjoys creating content while abiding by standards of clarity, conciseness, layout, and terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Desire to work within cross-functional teams (analysts, testers, developers, and writers) to assimilate documents from multiple authors into a single deliverable.
- Ability to creatively develop and integrate graphics into documents.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of industry standard technical writing tools (such as Oxygen XML editor, desktop publishing tools, MS Visio, Acrobat, Tag-based tool, Schema ST4 CMS, Ixiasoft DITA CMS, etc.).
- Knowledge of technical communication and documentation standards such as DITA.
- Concept of software development processes such as rapid iterative software planning and development cycles associated with Agile methodologies (SDLC).
- Concept of file management and version control systems.
- Concept of the telecommunication industry, telecommunication standards, and telecommunication protocols.
- Concept of Business Support Systems (BSSs) such as catalog management system and order management system.
- Concept of the client-server technology, databases and DataBase Management Systems (DBMS).
- Concept of user interface usability testing and quality assurance process.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Mississauga || Stud&YP