IoT Business Development & Sales Enablement
The IoT Studio is a new organization within Ericsson designed to bring a co-creation and rapid innovation approach to develop minimum viable IoT products with industrial IoT players, webscale players, and/or carriers. The Studio will drive adoption of exciting new opportunities like IoT driven Smart Manufacturing, Connected Cars & Infrastructure, Connected Healthcare, Smart Agriculture, Smart Cities, AR/VR, Network Virtualization, and more.
The primary responsibility of the IoT Business Development and Sales Enablement Director will be working with the Head of Business Development to engage internal Ericsson customer units involve their carrier customers in the co-creation process for new IoT end-to-end solutions. Once engaged with carriers, you will be driving the definition and execution of co-creation processes with the goal of creating one or more viable and customer validated solutions to take into the IoT Studio for minimum viable prototype development.
You will also be responsible for the establishment of a sales-enablement program to provide best practices, industry insights, and thought leadership about the sales of IoT solutions. In this role, you will work cross functionally with the Partner and Ecosystem Manager to engage with potential ecosystem players of interest to carrier partners or necessary for co-creation processes.
- Driving carrier engagement through Ericsson sales teams for co-creation of new end-to-end IoT solutions
- Develop and execute co-creation workshops (with external facilitators)
- Creating a sales enablement function to support IoT sales efforts by Ericsson and our carrier customers
- Develop a quarterly IoT Roundtable program for our carrier customers to expose thought leadership about the IoT marketplace and sales and marketing of solutions. Become a go-to thought leader in North America on sales of IoT solutions and the IoT marketplace
- Work cross functionally with Partner and Ecosystem Manager to engage with partner ecosystem and expose interesting partners that solve carrier problems
- Support achievement of IoT platform sales targets in North America
- Establish strategic relationships with Ericsson management teams as well as with customer executives
- Test various working models under a “fail fast “model
- Support any/all other efforts as they are identified throughout the process such as onsite partner/customer engagements, presentations, event attendance, etc.
- IoT ecosystem resonance and ability to establish/maintain credibility
- Business development discipline in a consultative sales process
- Executive communication, both verbal and written, and presence
- Leadership and management
- Financial acumen
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Uncompromising ethics and transparent operational approach
- Collaborative and innovative yet decisive – able to build off of other’s ideas and support other’s as they build off of your ideas
- “Get to CAN” attitude and behavior
- 5+ years of experience in technology in partnerships, business development, sales with specific experience working with IoT solutions
- BS degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
You might also have:
- Experience in Financials / Contracts / Commercials and IPR with special focus on partnerships
- Experience selling to or working with Tier 1 and 2 carriers (MNOs, MSOs) in North America
- Solid base of technical understanding across Ericsson portfolio
Travel is required 75%
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt