Head of IoT Ecosystem, IoT Studio
We are looking for the Head of IoT Ecosystem for the Ericsson’s IoT Studio. The IoT Studio is a new organization within Ericsson designed to bring a co-creation and rapid innovation approach to develop minimum viable IoT products with a clear GTM strategy. You will get to leverage our market leadership in cellular IoT, 5G and connectivity management coupled with our aaS IoT platform (IoT Accelerator) to unleash the IoT business potential for leading companies within North America.
At Ericsson, we understand that IoT solutions are complex and no single company has all the technology components necessary to build a complete end-to-end solution. Therefore, the IoT studio understands the importance of building a robust IoT ecosystem to incorporate the necessary technology into our MVPs.
This includes partnering with IoT companies across the complete IoT technology stack, including sensors, devices, gateways, cloud platforms, edge and cloud analytics, ML, AI, security, etc. As well as companies that provide services across the IoT product lifecycle such as health monitoring and installation, just to name a few.
The primary responsibility of this role is to establish, execute and nourish a strong ecosystem of IoT companies across the complete IoT technology stack and lifecycle. You will become the go-to person within Ericsson’s IoT Studio on startup technologies and IoT ecosystem trends to support co-creation development, enablement of Ericsson sales teams, and general promotion of Ericsson IoT activities within the loT Studio. You will also work closely with other Partner and Ecosystem groups within Ericsson.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Head of the IoT Studio.
- Develop and nurture an IoT ecosystem to identify and track potential partners for co-creation efforts
- Work together with the IoT Studio’s Head of Delivery and Head of Business Development to enlist ecosystem partners as needed to support ongoing projects in the IoT Studio and to identify potential new concepts to bring into the studio
- Work closely with existing partner and ecosystem departments across Ericsson to leverage existing relationships and nurture new ones
- Develop and execute programs and events to engage with IoT community including weekly meetup type events, periodic hackathons, and quarterly Executive events at the D-15 garage, social media outreach, etc.
- Work with IoT Studio Business team to develop sales enablement capabilities to expose selected ecosystem partners to operators
- Test various working models under a “fail fast“ model
- Support any/all other efforts as they are identified throughout the co-creation process such as onsite partner/customer engagements, presentations, event attendance, etc.
- Identify and build relationships with venture capital players who can be a source for ecosystem partners or potentially a receptor for MVPs exiting the IoT Studio
- 15+ years in business
- 10+ years of experience in the Technology in partnerships, business development, sales
- IoT, startup, and VC ecosystem experience
- Understanding of the technology components of an end-to-end IoT solution
- Operational discipline and financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable building relationships with Executives and Sr Managers of startup and large corporations
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Experience in partner benefits administration processes
- BS degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
Position is based in Santa Clara. Travel is required up to 50%
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt