We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. As these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission, which enables the full value of connectivity, we are all connected! We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers & more than 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are now looking for a Solution Manager to support the Emerging Business Global Customer unit CTO organization with product and solution expertise on different levels in pre-sales, design, and delivery of customer projects. You will work closely with VP of Ventures and Partnerships and Global prototyping lead to identify customer MVPs with maximum business value to the GCU. Position Ericsson as a thought and technology leader across a range of customer segments both internally and externally. Secure that customer feedback is shared with R&D organization and act as a focal point for technical innovation internally and externally.
- You will position Ericsson as technology leader, communicate and discuss Ericsson’s technology strategy and vision with customer CTO/CIO and direct reports
- Driving customer interaction through need finding work shops, understanding business impacts and defining hypothesis to test.
- Drive customer engagement through Ericsson sales teams for co-creation of new solutions
- Define and drive prototyping entry criteria and idea generation
- Provide sales support expertise, conducts in-depth technical discussions with customer
- Provide sales support for specific deals, propose solutions covering business requirements and present to Regions and Customer
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, ensure the customer vision & strategy including implications on Ericsson’s technology and solutions is communicated to the ones in need at Business Units, Group Function and Ericsson Research.
- Innovative with experience creating new products or opportunities
- 10 years of overall experience in the telecommunications or IT industry.
- 5 years in-field solutions experience at Ericsson or equivalent
- Deep understanding of cloud technology stack e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google cloud
- Thorough knowledge of cloud economics: TCO and commercial models, cost structure and value drivers; make buy analysis
- Over 5 years of experience in leading/building capabilities in collaboration and co-creation with internal/external ecosystem
- Proven track record of having incubated market-leading products and solutions in collaboration with external/internal ecosystems
- Domain experience: (e.g.: Wireless, IoT, Cloud, BSS, OSS, etc.)
- Experience from working in the field with customers
- Out of the box thinker
- Your ability to enable teamwork and collaboration will be needed
- Constantly exploring emerging technologies and passionate about creating the Next Big Thing
- Previous involvement with Startup(s) is valued
- Understands and lives by lean startup methodology
- Experience developing Eco-system communities
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and communication skills
This position will be in Santa Clara, California or Plano, Texas
Why joining Emerging Business team?
The Emerging Business Unit is uniquely positioned to transform the way that Ericsson does business by engaging with non-traditional customers in new and innovative ways. By identifying new market trends in combination with Ericsson capabilities, this team is changing the way the world’s largest companies operate and evolve. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, to understand their challenges and opportunities and become a trusted partner. We move their business into the fully digital and connected 21st century. This team works with our customers to imagine how a hyper-connected world will transform their business. The EBU helps realize that vision, leveraging existing Ericsson portfolios but also by co-creating and co-investing new solutions. The team spans the three horizons of innovation and creates new ventures from scratch.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt