System BSS Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for an System BSS Engineer to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system and develop solutions for bugfixing and evolutionary change requests. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity.
Main Accountabilities - You will:
- Execute3rd lvl troubleshooting and integration work on Ericsson BSS Applications
- Plan the implementation and execution of the product configuration
- Develop bugfixing and evolution change requests
- Prepare system test, module test and accept test
- Customer oriented attitude
- Work to identify and drive improvements
- Manage post project activities
- Have E2E technical understanding
- Have knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
Technical / Soft Skills – You have/are:
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-5 years’ experience working on BSS Applications
- Experience with Unix / Linux
- Scripting Bash, Perl, Shell
- Programming languages C,C++, Java
- Oracle Knowledge, PL/SQL
- Creating & innovating
- Applying expertise & technology
- Analytical learning and researching skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- Work from home & flexible working hours
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- Great working environment that value the importance of work life- balance
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 273134