Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are looking for an Engineer with strong background in design and implementation of cloud and on-premises automated environments.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Provisioning of adequate capacity and security for new applications deployments – supporting internal developers and business operations;
- Deploy applications to UAT and production environments using the Devtoolset;
- Work with Application Developers and Operations Support (1st/2nd line) to put in place comprehensive support capability ;
- Quality focussed on all project and tasks;
- Linux skills:
- Operating System knowledge
- Package build and install, e.g. RPMs
- DB admin
- Network troubleshooting
- Adept with DevOps tools including – JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Nexus, SonarQube, Foreman, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins
- Provision of all stage of systems pre-production and production environments
- Creation of Training and Support Documentation
- Provide 3rd/4th line support for any/all legacy systems, in particular Linux systems
- Architecture and Design - AWS specific tools and services
- CloudFormation (and sometimes terrafrom) coding skills
- Version control use and branching
- Puppet skills
- Container knowledge, esp Docker, Kubernetes
- Belief in Infrastructure as Code and Automation
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration and Delivery
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D
Req ID: 273081