At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The role of the eSourcing Specialist is to plan, execute and conclude eSourcing projects in cooperation with Ericsson Sourcing Managers and their targeted suppliers. These projects are supplier performance evaluations, requests for information, requests for quote, requests for proposal and eAuctions.
- Creating in the online system various eSourcing projects (different categories of goods & services across different geographies)
- Secures eSourcing project phases (plan, create, monitor and analyze of each project) happen as per expected timelines and service levels
- Liaise with suppliers during the project from inviting them to participate to training them on how to use the online system
- Clarify for the suppliers the objectives of the sourcing project
- Providing updates to the Sourcing Managers on the progress of the project
- Escalates issues and concerns related to projects success to Sourcing Manager and/or other Management functions
- Manages suppliers complains to mutual benefit;
- Analyzing and summarizing data from the online system at the closure of the project and build a report for the Sourcing Manager to make a decision for suppliers’ selection
- Analyze eSourcing project outcomes and provide recommendations for supplier selection
- Serve as the liaison to the Sourcing Manager as well as Suppliers
- Work with Sourcing Manager to develop and refine negotiations’ objectives
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure sourcing project objectives are met
- Time & activity reporting as per internal regulations and directives
- Negotiation and Communication skills
- Background: procurement buyer, customer service etc
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as presenting findings and supporting conclusions is an important part of the job
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently, within tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 3+ years’ experience in customer and/or supplier facing roles
- Be able to interact with the 3rd parties (e-mails, phone calls) independently
- Be able to handle a request end-to-end (from receiving the request to closure of the negotiation)
- Knowledge of negotiation tactics and sourcing specific tools (Total Cost of Ownership, Clean Sheet etc.)
- Strong command of a foreign language other than English to facilitate communication with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; SharedServ
Req ID: 272968