Frequency Generation Developer
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are looking for an analog circuit designer with clock signal competence that wants to join our team in Kista.
Your primary role will be to work with our clock signal development activities at the Ericsson design center in Sweden and cooperate with our global sites in China and Canada. You will also have contact with external chipset suppliers to assure that technology development is in sync with Eriksson’s needs.
Your role will include activities such as: circuit design using Cadence, simulations and product documentation as well as interacting with hardware and software design, integration, verification, tools design, and product lifecycle management.
Your main Responsibilities will be: Develop and test high quality products; Perform trouble shooting; Drive continuous improvements of products and processes; Develop competence in technical domain.
• B.Sc. or M. Sc. In Electrical Engineering or similar
• Radio Clock Designer with more than 3 years of experience in digital, ADC/DAC and mixer conversion clocks.
• Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
• A good understanding & knowledge of Telecommunications Networks
• Have an interest to constantly learn, communicate, interact, share information, and are willing to help others. Between organizations, internally and externally outside Ericsson
• Ability to work in teams with minimal supervision but also ability to take initiative and work independently when needed
• A quality mindset, ability for strategic thinking and a drive to always improve
• Open minded and analytical, problem-solving skills
• Keep commitments and deliver results
• You have sense of ownership, are analytical, structural and result oriented
• You are innovative and will find creative solutions when lacking information
• You have social skills and can act with confidence in for example supplier meetings
Additional Knowledge and Requirements:
• Analog and digital PLL topologies from mHz to MHz loop bandwidth.
• You understand electrical performance and limitations such as tradeoff between power consumption and noise performance, and the limitations of on die integrated solutions versus discrete built.
• Knowledge on time domain view of phase noise is a plus, such as Allan Deviation.
• Signal integrity for routing clocks and sync signals on PCB.
• Different signal standards for clock distribution, LVDS, LVPECL etc.
• Different clock source technologies like OCXO, TCXO, VCO etc
• Instrument knowledge. Spectrum analyzer, high speed oscilloscope, phase noise analyzer and network analyzer for validation, verification and trouble shooting.
• Understanding of phase noise effect on radio modulation parameters for uplink and downlink radio standards is a plus.
• Modularity thinking and worked with modular design, and also competence in Cadence front end tool.
Last date for application : 31st August 2019
Location: Kista, Stockholm.
For queries related to the position please reach out to the Senior Recruiter Valentyna Ivanova at firstname.lastname@example.org.