Strategic Test and Configuration Analyst
Closing Date: Monday 11th March
Red Bee Media Overview
Red Bee Media (part of Ericsson Worldwide) is a world-leading media management company providing technology and creative solutions that help channels, broadcasters, content rights holders and brand owners reach and engage with their audiences in traditional and new ways.
In the rapidly changing media landscape consumers are exerting greater control over the content they watch and how they choose to engage. Red Bee Media is finding innovative ways to enable companies to unlock new revenue streams and build audience share on multiple platforms including traditional TV channels and on demand services.
At Red Bee Media, we give our employees a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities, and the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Red Bee Media requires a talented Strategic Test and Configuration Analyst to work as part of the Technology Delivery Team within Content Discovery Operations. The successful candidate will be at the heart of the technical delivery of our product and customer initiatives, working closely with Product Development, Operations, and Technology. You will help maintain and support the flow of data services through strategic analysis, configuration and testing, including monitoring and troubleshooting where necessary. This role is also responsible for managing a diverse team maintaining a portfolio of data analysis, data administration and technical coordination.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
Belongs to the Content Discovery operational Technology Delivery team and reports to the Technology Delivery Manager. Liaisons with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, customers, and other departments within Red Bee Media and Ericsson Worldwide.
- Responsible for the delivery of Key projects such as business functional integration with other third-party content providers.
- Researching new products and tools and implementing suitable techniques to solve specifically Operations problem and deal with potential data availability, quality or accuracy.
- Meet project delivery deadlines through meticulous definition, review and execution of test plans and test scenarios enabling deliveries into the Ericsson metadata database (Teleview).
- Work closely with other Technology and Project Delivery staff as part of a wider team delivering systems to business users.
- Provide support and advice when required, attending internal and external meetings and conference calls when necessary.
- Be a central point of contact for operational issues in the operational competencies you support.
- Maintain a subject matter expert level of knowledge for Content Discovery services you are responsible for.
- Work closely with Editorial Teams to analyse the requirements in system terms and identify workflow improvements.
- Analyse workflows proactively to identify problems and trends. Propose technical solutions and recommend changes to optimise performance and usability.
- Ensure that appropriate project standards are maintained and that all documentation is updated to reflect system or procedural changes, issues and risks.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to promote collaborative and iterative best practices to consistent behavioural patterns.
- Developing new methodologies to broaden our offering in the marketplace.
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to internal and external senior stakeholder, to help clients make robust, evidence-based decisions.
- Design business processes to collect or extract data from disparate information streams (e.g. from client systems, management reports)
- Quality-checking information and identifying anomalies.
- Improve project administration processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
Essential Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working with and troubleshooting XML data.
- Leadership, including managing teams and individuals.
- Experience of working with databases and test environments.
- Solid experience of UAT end to end flow.
- Excellent commercial awareness, including business analysis and the ability to think strategically about a business or an industry.
- Ability to represent business interest to external parties.
- Experience of having worked in a project environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate experience of success within complex project environments.
- Significant technical understanding of business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies.
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive mind to investigate anomalies, determination to resolve issues and provide insight.
- Previous experience of working in an IT enabled change environment.
- Passion for technology and new tools and applying and developing yourself to new areas.
- A strong desire to acquire and share technical knowledge with colleagues and clients, and proven experience of doing this in previous roles.
- Have an innovative mindset and be comfortable with a degree ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Understanding of the media industry and broadcasting (preferably 2-3 years’ experience).
- Understanding of editorial workflows and ways of working, including the ability to advise and suggest improvements.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Attention to Detail - able to visually interpret and accurately input the required data, repetitively, systematically without errors.
- Communication: The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Planning and Organising: Establishes an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, attention to detail, quality, staffing, and resource requirements.
- Teamwork and Co-operation: Works co-operatively with others, to be part of a team, works together as opposed to working separately or competitively. Acts as a mentor to all team and extended team members and assists peers when required.
- Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups. Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Managing Relationships: Able to build, maintain and nurture effective working relationships with a range of people. Aligns with the management’s overall goals and vision.
- Adherence: To the organizations policies, rules and regulations, code of conduct, as well as its values and principles.
- Resilience: Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks, or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation, and energy.
- Initiative: Demonstrates a preference for taking action and additional responsibility when the need arises. Does more than is required or expected in the job, to improve or enhance job results or avoid problems.
- Attitude: Displays ambition, a can-do/positive and enthusiastic approach towards their work, as well as strives to be a role model for his/her team members. Takes feedback positively and is eager to learn and grow with the team and organization.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Ealing || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 272431