Services Engineer provides technical service and support to new and existing customer networks – telecom and datacom or internal Ericsson test plants. Plans, designs, troubleshoots and resolves problems in order to stabilise and optimise customer networks. Configures and integrates different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks. Delivers Learning services.
All activities performed by a Services Engineer should (normally) be in accordance to customer contract.
Services Engineer would typically interact with customer technical staff and operation managers, service engineers and other groups within Service Delivery organization. They may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd Party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas you are expected to be flexible and master more than one area.
A Services Engineer is expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments.
The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a Services Engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and data com, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of a Services Engineer more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
The job Services Engineer demands an academic degree minimum on bachelor level within relevant area, engineering (IT, telecom), or corresponding work experience. Documented languages skills in English are required.
The job Services Engineer has a career that is documented in the Services Engineer Career Guide.
Services Engineer is a good foundation for other careers within Ericsson such as Consultant, Solution Architect, Customer Project Manager and managerial positions.
SAP Business Objects 4.X(BI) Requirements
- Security Setup, Creation/Deletion and managing, groups, users, folders, objects, Services
- Report Migration process
- BI System upgrade knowledge
- Experience in designing the Web Intelligence Reports.
- Exposure on Dashboard designer.
- Designing and creating Universe -UDT/IDT
- Strong SQL and analytical skills
- Design, analyze, develop, test and debug of new/existing Reports to meet the business requirements of varying size and complexity
fundamental understanding of BO server & client configuration setup.
- Experience to find out the root cause in data issues,
- Knowledge about different DW architectures, concepts and flow of data.
- Strong querying skills and good in analyzing data.
- Strong knowledge in project document creation according customer requirements like HLD, LLD, user manuals
- Experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting BI Reports\universe and server issues
- Experience in proposing and implementing architecture of Custom integrations
- Good in customer interaction.
- Fundamental understanding of Database (SQL, Functions, Procedures) Develops automated test frameworks/ scripts where required.
Good to have
- BODS(ETL) development and admin skills
- New technologies knowledge like R, Big data knowledge
- SQL DBA task information
- SAP Business Objects Enterprise (BO version 4.x) tools on Windows Platform
- Web Intelligence Rich Client
- Information Design Tool
- Central Configuration Manager,
- BI Launchpad,
- Central Management Console,
- Design Studio
- Dashboard designer
- SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata Database
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 272396