2G/4G RND Engineer
Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
We are now looking for a Radio Access Network Design Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of Radio Access Networks from 2G-4G and eventually 5G. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance. The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of Radio Access Network services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Participate and support in Tender & Proposal preparation as well as identify add-on sales opportunities.
- Perform RF Measurements and Model Tuning
- Perform Frequency and Cell Planning
- Generate and set up in planning Database, check the radio configuration consistency, generate report from simulations, etc.
- Analyze Link budget and antenna selection
- Perform initial Drive Tests and Radio Network Survey
- Perform Indoor Coverage Design
- Perform Radio Network Optimization to meet contractual KPIs
- Present the Radio Network Design & Optimization results to customer
- Securing Final Acceptance of all reports and KPIs
- Identify and develop plan to improve efficiency and accuracy in Radio Planning and Optimization
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Broad knowledge within the field of radio communication systems acquired through technical training and practical experience in Ericsson or other equivalent company
- Strong experiences in 2G-4G planning and optimization
- Good knowledge
- Capable in operating Radio Planning tool e.g. Planet
- Affinity to work with a variety of tools and work processes (especially customer-specific)
- Customer orientation, good teamwork, communication & presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- Fluent in English (in spoken and written)
- 3-5 years’ experience of RAN Design & Optimization in multiple projects.
- Knowledge in IP Transport and/or Core is advantage
Apply now or at the latest 15th of August!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Norway (NO) || || Oslo || ServEng
Req ID: 272328