Customer Operation Data Scientist
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 115,000 employees.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
You will be part of the Customer Operation Data Science team, which comprises of SMEs from various arenas of Telecom & IT and Data Science Graduates. The primary function of this team is a key focus on proactivity, service improvement and customer/vendor collaboration. Utilizing the latest toolset and analytical principals focus on customer service improvement, network service delivery improvement in all areas, proactive and predictive analytics, MSO prevention and KPI improvement. Moving in to Automation Management, understanding the impact of automation and exception management.
As a Data Scientist on our team your role will be to analyse, visualize, and model data. You will lead all aspects of generating value from data, from understanding how data is captured, the interpretation of data elements, to extracting important information from data. You will create and refine machine learning models to address operational and efficiency questions. In a related manner, you will be assist in the implementation of these models into operational workflows. You will have to work out solution to overcome challenge with data integrity and collection.
We are looking for an individual who can bring a multi-disciplinary approach to our team that includes statistics, data science research, machine learning, and software engineering. We are interested in people with a passion for cutting-edge data science and building ICT analytical tools informed by data.
· Minimum Bachelors degree and preferred Masters, in Engineering (IT, Telecom, mathematics) or equivalent.
· Good Understanding of Ran Technologies 3G & LTE, with hands on experience in operations or network performance on Huawei & Nokia vendor- Must
· Extensive professional experience in Python, R or another scripting language; command line usage - Must
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis resulting in tangible business outcomes – Must
· Experience in SQL – PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc desirable.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modelling processes, using strong baselines, and determining cause and effect relations.
· Relevant telecom or IT experience is a must to understand the operational challenges and business insights.- Must
· Proven record or demonstrate ability to mentor and coach individuals with varied DS experience to uplift team competence- Must
· Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and business leaders
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 271303