We are now looking for a CDN and Cloud Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize our customer's Cloud and CDN solutions. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, MIS, or relevant experience.
- 1+ year of experience in Tier1-2 support of Dev and Prod Linux environments (Vmware ESXi/Xen, any public cloud).
- 2+ years of experience in technical support, engineering, IT, project management or consulting.
- 2+ years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design or relevant coursework.
- A passion for delivering the best end user experience possible.
- Prior written and spoken customer-facing experience including requirements gathering, scoping and defining requests, understanding and clarifying issues raised and setting and managing expectations.
- Prior experience in a company or role involving business critical systems, with a clear understanding of urgency and responsive, high touch communication to customers if those systems are compromised.
- Analytical mind with strong investigation and creative ‘thinks-outside-the-box’ problem solving skills, driven by the desire to understand and learn.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner to both business and technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and passionate about driving results and scaling our services for the benefit of our customer’s experience.
- Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and be a passionate team player.
- Proven ability to communicate about and manage and prioritize multiple priorities
- Technical background and grasp of current compute or SaaS technical stacks:
- Knwledge of how the Internet works (HTTP and DNS).
- Prgramming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or python/ruby preferable).
- Knwledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and tools.
- Familiarity with vide streaming technologies including Silverlight and Apple HLS
- Knowledge of support workflows (ITIL escalation) and Incident tracking tools (Jira, PagerDuty, Zendesk or similar).
- Experience with monitoring and testing network tools (Gomez, Keynote or Catchpoint).
- Availability for possible on-call escalations.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 270323