Technical Lead - Data Science Lab
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Manage the technology roadmap, application life cycle and continuous improvement of data science lab
- Support data engineers and data Scientists, realizing their goals by supporting them by an innovative data lab, architecture and operational stability
- Execute the lab roadmap in liaison with the platform architect
- select, trial and trouble shoot new technologies and interact with vendors to get them onboard.
- Liaison with platform architect, sourcing teams and innovation leads to evaluate AI, data science and data engineering solutions for pushing the envelope
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- An appropriate degree in computer science or related disciplines; and/or relevant industry experience in analytics solution design and development activity.
- 12- 15 years of experience required
Preferred Qualification and experience requirements:
- Applicable process domains knowledge.
- Applicable analytics technologies; develop and run processes
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in installation, interaction and maintainance of the Big Data stack (HDFS, Sqoop, Hive, Java etc.) and Data Science stack (Python, R, Spark, OpenLDAP, Tyk/API Platform etc.)
- To be able to benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them;
- Prioritize operational stability and become an enabler for data scientists and data engineers
- To be able to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms;
- To be able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations;
- IT processes, IT tools & Infrastructure Knowledge
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Change & Improvement Management Skills
- Learning and Researching
- Formulating Strategies & Concepts
- Lean & Agile Knowledge & Skills
- Transform data science strategy into technical roadmap & capabilities
- Manage solution evaluation and roadmap execution
- Design & facilitate solution development, integration and transition
- Evaluation of technology solutions in coherence with roadmap and strategic priorities
- Develop and test solution components
- Operational stability, operational reporting, solution maintenance & support
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.