Location: Ottawa, ON
There is nothing average about what we do on the Ericsson team and we aren’t looking for average people - if you are exceptional, then you will fit right in. To succeed you must appreciate that everything matters; every feature, every team member, and every user. We rely on innovative thinking to come from every member of the team – we know brilliant ideas can come from anyone. If you can envision a path outside of the ordinary and can bring unparalleled skills to Ericsson then we definitely want to talk to you.
As a Software Developer, reporting to the Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant capabilities. You will apply analytics principles to massive data sets, to unearth crucial insights into the impacts of alarms to services and reduce the cost to fix alarms for our customers.
We are now looking for several developers to maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Contribute to overall direction within our world-leading development team
- Help your team size, plan, and execute development tasks
- Design, implement, and test new fault features and capabilities
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- An university degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to deliver complex software solutions, on-time and on-quality
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- Proven ability to design and implement complex software requirements and specifications
- Experience designing server architectures and working with technologies and concepts as Java, Scala, Python, Apache Spark, Apache Casandra, unit testing, test automation frameworks
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: streaming and processing of big data, performance and scalability, OSS Software design and implementation, databases, operating systems
- Prior experience in the Telecom network management space is highly desired
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 269884