Backend Software Developer
There is nothing average about what we do on the Ericsson team and we are looking for exceptional people to help grow our team. We rely on innovative thinking to come from every member of the team – we know brilliant ideas can come from anyone. If you can envision a path outside of the ordinary and can bring unparalleled skills to Ericsson, then we want to talk to you.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
A solid user experience is critical for adding unquestionable value to end users. This isn't about building old-fashioned web applications and data forms - it's about understanding large quantities of data and providing insights in ways that have never been seen before.
As a senior software developer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant software capable of handling massive data sets to derive true value for our customers. We are now looking for a senior backend developer to maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to overall direction within our development team
- Help your team size, plan and design work tasks
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers and contribute to team harmony, cohesion, and effectiveness
- Solid knowledge of API design and application development
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- At least 8 years of software development experience with emphasis on architecture and API development
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- Competence in designing server architectures and working with technologies and concepts as Java, Scala, Python, Apache Spark, Apache Casandra, unit testing, test automation frameworks
- Proven ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solution
- Proven ability to design and implement complex software requirements and specifications
- Proven ability to lead/guide development teams to build exceptional software
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: big data visualization, performance and scalability, software design, Carrier Ethernet, OSS Software design and implementation, operating systems
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 268685