UI Software Architect
The User Interface (UI) Software Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant UI. A solid user experience is critical for adding unquestionable value to end-users and to wide product adoption. This isn't about building old-fashioned web applications and data forms - it's about understanding large quantities of data and providing stunning visualizations to offer crucial insights in ways that have never been seen before. In this role, you will be directly involved in driving strategic technical direction, architecting the design of the solution, the delivery of commercial and ready to launch products.
- Working with the other architects, software managers and product managers, actively participate in the roadmap planning, mapping out next generation architecture in support of the product roadmap and forward looking view
- Based on your full understanding of the business solutions, architect the end-to-end design of new User Interface components and the extension of existing components
- Define, document and communicate architectural decisions
- Design solutions to complex problem with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and simplicity
- Perform Proof of Concepts for adopting new technologies, APIs and systems integration
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with architecture
- Constantly research and innovate in bringing the new tools, technologies, solutions, ideas and frameworks to the forefront
- Drive strategy in evolving existing data model to meet demands of new application domains
- Work with senior developers on a daily basis resolving technical issues and hurdles, implementing features and mentoring developers on decisions
An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field. Master’s preferred
- 15+ years of software development experience with an emphasis on UI application development and API design
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements, then propose and/or evaluate corresponding technical solutions
- Objected oriented, functional, or concurrency-oriented programming experience
- Expertise in modern front-end development using one or more of the following: React, re-frame, Angular, Redux, MobX, Less CSS or Sass
- Extensive hands-on involvement in user experience (UX) design
- Experienced in system scalability, large scale systems, distributed computing and visualization
- Proven ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solutions
- Proven ability to architect, design and implement complex software requirements specifications
- Following competencies would be an asset:
- Working experience with Apache Solr, Spark, and Cassandra
- Familiarity with cloud environments like AWS and Azure
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and craft a more balanced future. With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 268267