Application developer & 3rd level support
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Our end-to-end Media Management Services and content discovery platforms provide seamless delivery and robust support for linear and non-linear content preparation workflows. Technology, support and operations are provided from a combination of dedicated hubs and cloud-based facilities.
A successful developer will have relevant experience of major software development projects with the following skills, knowledge and/or experience:
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4-8 years’ experience in IT Industry
- J2EE (Webservices)
- Frameworks like Apache Camel(Preferred), Spring(Mandatory), Performance Tuning & Optimization
- Very good English speaking and writing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Fast learner and good team player
- Actively share knowledge and willing to learn new skills.
- Must have a positive approach to change, the ability to understand other cultures and the ability to adapt to, benefit from and respect cultural differences.
- Possess an acute interest in gathering clues about problems to assist the design team in isolating problems
- Good hands on in Core Java and J2EE
- Should have knowledge in UNIX platform
- Hands on in XSLT and XML parsing
- Database knowledge in SQL/ No SQL like MongoDB, MySQL or equivalent.
The developer is responsible for the developing quality solutions. Key responsibilities require the candidate to:
- Analyze and question requirements corroborating their use against existing features and practices
- Participate and drive requirements gathering, high-level and low-level design.
- Participate and drive design review and code review.
- Code and unit test in conformance to standards and design specifications
- Prepare unit test, system test and acceptance test plan
- Participate in installation, integration and User Acceptance testing
- Participate in meetings with region project team on solution issues.
- Participate in solving support issues/change requests in the support phase
- Follow configuration and release management processes.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.