Experienced SW Developer - Container Management
We need skilled SW Developers for our Connected Vehicles organization, to evolve our Connected Vehicle Cloud Platform.
Our Connected Vehicle Cloud Platform is based on the latest cloud technologies and enables our customers to realize the full potential of connected vehicles.
As a SW Developer in this organization you will be part of a team developing, maintaining and evolving the core element of our Distributed Cloud Platform: our Container Management Platform.
The Container Management platform is used by both our developers and customers to deploy and manage their mission-critical applications on top of Ericsson Connected Vehicle Cloud solutions. It is Enterprise-Grade and it includes all needed to deliver a complete solution for businesses: workflow, orchestration, scheduling, storage, networking and a container engine.
In this position you will:
· Develop cutting edge cloud platform services, participating in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle from product definition through release and support: ensuring quality and learning throughout
· Be part of an autonomous cross-functional agile team: the solutions you develop deliver services to millions of users every day
· Shape the evolution of our platform by evaluating the best technologies to use, now and in the future.
· Grow in competence in two exciting, fast growing domains: cloud and automotive
· Become a key contributor to Ericsson's technical leadership in the areas of IoT, cloud, and connected vehicles
· Continuously improve our tools for continuous testing, integration and deployment and in support to operations
We value candidates with diverse background, hence the long list below. Nobody can master all: a good candidate will be very strong in some of the items below, while being able to offer something on others.
Experiences and hard skills we value:
· Great SW craftsmanship; preferred languages are Go, C, C++; strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
· 3+ years developing server-side software with focus on multithreaded and/or distributed systems.
· Working experience with container technologies such as Docker.
· Strong Linux systems expertise, including basic Linux system administration experience.
· Experience with dominant cloud management platforms like Azure, AWS, Openstack.
· Experience with container orchestration such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and/or Hashicorp technologies.
· Knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP-IP, HTTP, UDP, programming with sockets.
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies like KVM
· Experience writing kernel code (Linux or BSD distributions), device drivers and/or modules is a plus
· Strong record of contributions to open source software is a plus
Softskills/attitude we value:
· Strong team spirit, strong desire to grow and have fun with your colleagues
· Quality focus: built-in quality; tests as part of the deliverables, follow your commit
· Experience and understanding of Agile methodologies
· Available for travels (no more than 10% of the time)
· Handling pressure (we work in a high pace environment)
· Finds our tech domain extremely exciting; tech enthusiast, eager and fast learner
Interested? Come and talk with us!
The candidate selection is ongoing, so we are looking forward to receiving your application today.
Primary location of the role: Lindholmen, Göteborg
Anna Magnusson - Primary Recruiter
Tag: SWEHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || ProdMgt
Req ID: 268116