Date: Jul 12, 2019
The Ericsson Unified Data Management (UDM) and Policy portfolio offers solutions for Subscriber Data Management (SDM) and Policy Management towards telecommunication’s operators but also towards other segments as enterprises and verticals. In the Ericsson Unified Data Management and Policy Control domain, several enhancements are introduced to support 5G. The main features are 5G subscription management and new capabilities to support dynamic network slice selection, database slicing, and service & data exposure.
The Ericsson Service-Aware Policy Controller (SAPC) is the central policy node in the telecom operators’ network coordinating the nodes to behave according to the operator's pre-defined policies. It is called PCRF in 4G specification of 3GPP standard and PCF in 5G network.
• Work with leading edge technology for Ericsson’s mobile broadband and IoT solution over cellular
• Work with system manager and operational product owner to understand customer requirements and come up with solutions
• Work in Agile software development process to develop new features in an efficient way
• Handle customer inquiry or perform product maintenance work with strong trouble-shooting skills
• Participate in all function test and automation test activities including test plan, environment setup, design and execution of test cases and regression test
• Design documentation like component description and modeling during system design and implementation
• Co-operate with colleagues in Europe to ensure the software delivery on time with best quality
• Outstanding C++ and Java programming skills
• Deep understanding of design pattern and be familiar with popular data structures.
• Familiar with Linux OS including inter-process communication, multi-threading, etc.
• Familiar with at least one of script languages: Shell, Python, Perl, TTCN
• Having knowledge of cloud and virtualization of network functions.
• Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Knowledge on Packet Core network architecture and PCRF/PCF node function in 4G and 5G network
• Solid network protocol knowledge in telecom standards (3GPP, DIAMETER, etc.)
• Experience on LDAP, SQL, XML, Radius Diameter, SNMP, Webservices, SOAP
• Knowledge on Lean & Agile principle and experience in Scrum software development process
• Knowledge on TCP/IP network
• Knowledge on software integration and verification, including test process and test methodologies,
• Familiar with test automation practices, tools and framework
• Knowledge on TTCN and/or Python script language
• Knowledge of cloud and virtualization, such as Openstack, VMware.
• Knowledge of software implementation based on Docker and Kubernetes
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.