Senior Software Developer -Next generation Radio, 5G & IP Solution
Are you looking for a career within Software Development, working with tomorrow’s technology for next generation Radio, 5G & IP Solutions?
IP transport technology are key areas for Ericsson, DU Networks is responsible for common IP transport features for all Ericsson Radio Network solutions (LTE, WCDMA, VRAN & 5G).
We do not only offer the most challenging software development opportunity, we also offer work in the most important software in the Radio Transport Networks.
Since we deliver the same Software to all Radio standards, we focus a lot on software architecture, product quality, continuous delivery, and integration.
We are a global organization with operations in Sweden (Kista), Korea & Poland, that are organized in cross functional teams where we are part of the whole feature flow, from continuous analysis to having a product working in field.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will participate in system studies and implement features according to requirements, including coding, feature testing, and product documentation.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will also get the chance to work with developing IP security, routing, forwarding, 5G (VMs, DPDK, SDN, NFV, Cloud etc.) as well as TIF (Transport Intelligent Function) in a Linux execution environment.
- Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent formal education with experience in software programming
As a person:
- You will be part of a highly competent cross functional team (XFT) of engineers responsible for developing solutions in the IC area for Ericsson Radio System Products towards 5G.
- You are expected to have deep knowledge and understanding of product development life cycle, product design, how products fits into a network and a service architecture.
- You should be able to drive complex development activities with significant research, innovation, standardization content and cooperation with customers and other Ericsson Units.
- You display strong technical leadership ability, typically holding front line leadership roles in technical dimension.
- We foresee that you are a role model promoting and sustaining a culture of high performance and continuous learning, coaching/ mentoring of colleagues.
- You will be participating in all the phases of product development cycle – product definition, architecture, design, scoping, planning, implementation and test.
- You have passion in software development who really wants to make a difference and doesn’t hesitate to take on whatever is needed to get things done.
- You know how it is to work in teams and what it takes.
- You can align technology strategies with product development.
- You will have a very important role in securing the 5G success for Ericsson!
Competence and Skills
- Expert skills in C++ and C programming.
- Expert skills in Software Architecture
- Expert skills in Linux, IP, telecommunication and Cloud
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming and Software testing
- Excellent skills in Open Source
- Excellent skills in Micro Services
- Excellent skills Product Development Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Agile/Lean methods
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English is required
Last date for apllications: 31st May 2019
For queries related to the position please contact the Senior Recruiter Valentyna Ivanova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Kista, Stockholm
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 267896