BSS Non-functional Solution Architect
Non-Functional Solution Architect
The role resides within Solution Area (SA) in BDGS, operationally reporting to the Service Delivery (SD) within Business Support Systems (BSS). BSS is designed to meet the demand of specific senior competence serving complex, multi-technology engagements to support business growth.
Responsible for analyzing, designing & developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. Responsible for profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, & technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions & proposals in BSS specifically in the non-functional areas: system deployment, virtualization, cloud, infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Scope, define and design non-functional perspective of solution in BSS area
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis in BSS area
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Rollout of competence and knowledge to internal customers (e.g. MAs, SDUs)
- Support deployment and delivery phase of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Exposed to one or multiple of non-functional aspects of solution design and deployment in BSCS area: Disaster Recovery, Dimensioning, Security, Scalability, Resiliency, Performance
- Understanding of Linux/Unix OS architecture and exposure to OS and Application performance analysis methodology and tools.
- Platform/Infrastructure, one or multiple of:
- Virtualization technologies: design and/or implementation, focus on VMWare vSphere and/or Open Stack.
- Network SAN/LAN: physical and/or logical design and/or implementation.
- Shared Storage: physical and/or logical design and/or implementation
- Good to have exposure to principles and technologies related to containers and containers orchestration such as docker and kubernetes
- Basic scripting and intermediate Unix tooling.
BSS Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Exposure to non-functional perspective of pre-sales, design, deployment and operations (LCM) phases within BSS or OSS domains
- Multiple project experience, client exposure and consultant skills, presentation or dealing with customer representatives.
- Broad Technical Acumen
- Consultative Selling Ability
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
- Presentation & Communication skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Market insight
- Financial Understanding
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Willingness to travel to various countries world wide
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
If you have any specific questions regarding the position you are welcome to send an email to recruiter Rebecka Gustafsson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last day of appliction is June 16th 2019 but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng
Req ID: 266546