Head of Strategy and Business Model - Ericsson ONE Beijing
Ericsson ONE is seeking to hire a Head of Strategy and Business Model within Ericsson ONE Beijing. Ericsson ONE is Ericsson’s Innovation incubation engine. The unit is globally spread and hosted in the Business Area Technology & Emerging Business.
Our vision is to Create new growth businesses through disruptive innovation and our mission is to Create a rhythm of new breakthrough innovations solving real problems. Ultimately, we are driving Ericsson’s emerging business development by leading the identification, development and incubation of technology, business and operating model innovation.
As one of the three primary innovation hubs, Ericsson ONE Beijing hub will promote innovation in the associated market areas through initiation & ideation activities, ultimately leading to globally accepted incubation projects.
The Head of Strategy and Business Model of Ericsson ONE Beijing will be responsible for defining the strategy for Ericsson ONE Beijing hub and helping incubation project team finding viable business and operating model.
This role reports to Head of Ericsson ONE Beijing.
- Live and breathe Ericsson ONE
- Remain abreast of emerging innovation trends and business opportunities, and contribute in achieving long-term profitable growth for Ericsson
- Defining strategy for Ericsson ONE Beijing hub by working closely with global Ericsson ONE innovation team and related stakeholders in Market Areas and Business Areas
- Continuously identify innovative profitable business opportunities
- Share project learning & contribute to thought leadership
- Support the implementation of the end to end innovation process
EXPECTED KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Support definition and implementation of global innovation themes with local specialization
- Define and implement strategy for building a single funding and control mechanism for end-to-end innovation with clear toll gates and regular VC-like evaluation meetings stopping projects with low probability of success, early
- Work closely with potential customer to be able to identify improvements & new business opportunities
- Create and Support lean start up approach to test and commercialize new solutions with lead customers
- Provide business model coaching and development for team under incubation
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
- Proven track record of successfully enabling and driving innovation
- Senior experience in thought leadership and strategy development
- Solid understanding of critical industry pain points and key emerging technologies
- Solid industry relationships with key players in technology and business innovation
- Proven experience from a variety of business and operating models, XaaS in particular
- Business development skill, negotiation & selling skills
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinking
- Persuading & Influencing skills
- Understanding of Ericsson portfolio and contact network across several technology areas
- Outstanding team work, networking and collaboration skill
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 266167