Principal Developer, Baseband SW Modularization
Are you ready to make your mark?
Predicting the future is Fun – Inventing it is Powerful! @Ericsson, we do both by giving our employees the freedom to think Big. Here, your ideas and innovations can turn into pioneering technology that impact society and facilitate people's life. We invented mobile Internet and now we are taking it to the next level and again changing the World.
Part of Ericsson's Product Development Unit 4G5G, our team (Product Development Baseband) drives end-to-end baseband software product development, relying on the competence and capability of our people to take on full feature responsibility i.e. enabling the implementation and verification of full feature requirements. Based in Stockholm, we are proud to own the 5G/NR RBS baseband products and ensure all product development planning and maintenance: we are now looking for a Principal Developer, Baseband SW Modularization.
Are you ready to join our 5G journey?
The Radio networks are built by large amount of software systems. All of them with different requirements and characteristics. Some are standardized orchestration SW on COTS and others are specific SW on specialized massive parallel hardware executing radio algorithms. They all work together as the distributed brains of mobile internet. In Radio Networks SW development projects, many disciplines are working together to integrate SW in a complicated anatomy of functionality and SW components. Despite dependency on structure, agility is a key to success and creative solutions as well as cooperation need to come frequently to be able to achieve our goals.
The Principal Developer in Baseband SW Modularization is one of the main architects within baseband SW Product Development. Simply stated, this position puts further emphasis on modularized baseband SW with the intention to enable strong technical leadership and state of the art technology along with the goal of increasing overall productivity and quality in Baseband SW development.
As a Principal Developer in Baseband SW Modularization, you will be responsible for:
- Driving the modularization technology roadmap;
- Identifying technology enablers for modularization;
- Contributing to the architecture runway in the area of modularization;
- Following industry trends and innovations in the area;
- Collaborate with academia in the area;
- Driving code and repo structure to enable modularization;
- Driving design rules and implementation of protocols and data structures.
- You are curious with a hands-on can-do attitude;
- You are energetic with an open inquisitive mindset;
- You have a strong interest in software development;
- You thrive working in a team where everyone’s opinion is valued;
- You have strong knowledge in many programming languages and paradigms such as C, C++, Java, Python, Erlang;
- You love solving problems;
- You adhere to Lean and Agile principles;
- You can move between high level strategies and low-level code implementation;
- You have a MSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge.
How to apply?
Interested in joining #TeamEricsson or/and know more about this role? – Please send your cv + cover letter in English clearly outlining how you meet the requirements of this position and visit www.ericsson.com to learn more about our Quest for Easy.
Primary Location: Kista, Sweden.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D
Req ID: 265716