We are looking for a full-time Data Scientist for our Ericsson Expert Analytics team. A successful candidate will contribute to the overall direction of our Data Science practice and technically lead the deployments analytic tools for Ericsson Managed Services.
A Data Scientist will be responsible for end-to-end analytical project delivery and work closely with a number of stakeholders, including Customers and Tool Specialists.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with customers to gather business and end user requirements, understand business setting and processes, translate needs to potential analytical models and applications.
- Perform data exploration, investigate data sources, develop candidate data integrations, perform descriptive statistics and measures of data quality, develop understanding of patterns and relationships in the source data.
- Work with large data sets to clean, organize and unify them to prepare them for analysis.
- Develop analytic models based on Statistical techniques, validate models, compare and select among candidate models.
- Develop visualizations and other means of presentation to communicate results to stakeholders and model users.
- Design and deliver deployable analytics models, monitor their performance once deployed and adjust or replace as needed.
- Master degree in: Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Quantitative Methods, Econometrics, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing advanced quantitative analyses and very good analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good command of R or Python is preferred. Candidates with familiarity with other statistical software (IBM, SAS, STATISTICA, STATGRPHICS, STATA, MATLAB, KXEN, RapidMiner, Weka, etc.) will be considered.
- Experience with effective data manipulation (cleansing, transformation, automation of queries),
- Command of various analytical techniques applied to supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, clustering, regression, anomaly detection, association rules, feature learning, dimensionality reduction, etc.,
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (MS SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle). Good working knowledge of SQL queries,
- IP Network Design experience is desired,
- Basic level of knowledge in Linux (RHEL) Administration,
- Basic knowledge in Scripting (Java, Scala and Bash Scripting),
- Basic understanding of Virtualization,
- Basic knowledge in Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS (MapR), Zookeeper, Storm and Spark,
- Basic knowledge in OLAP database (Green Plum or Drill) and RDBMS (Postgres).
- Working command of English is a must (both written and spoken),
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to work effectively both in the team-focused environment and independently.
- Multi-year, real world experience delivering Advanced Analytics/Data Mining projects,
- Experience with Visual Analytics, Geomarketing,
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, IBM Cognos, SAP BO),
- Familiarity with telecom industry,
- Good understanding of ETL processes.
What do we offer:
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract,
- Work based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology,
- Clearly defined career paths, trainings,
- Rich benefit package (private medical care for employee and his family, life insurance, Ok System, MultiSport, lunch voucher),
- Work in an international environment based on cooperation,
- Home office, flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone,
- Work – life balance.