Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ensure end to end financial management of deliveries for standardisation as well as maintain financial control. Manage and control absorption within the unit in line with required operational efficiencies and establish process of financial reporting and budget management. Possess good knowledge of financial analysis & reporting tools and take initiative for their smooth functioning. Understand the reporting requirement, create reports in required formats, handshake with stakeholders, does regular audits and continuous improvement.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 7-8 years of experience in Telecom, Experience as a Business Analyst in earlier role.
- Ericsson knowledge: The knowledge of Ericsson required to work and represents the company effectively, for example knowledge of markets, products, processes etc.
- Customer Orientation: Knowledge about internal as well as external customers, and awareness of their situation and needs.
- Business Orientation: Business and financial awareness to ensure understanding of the implications that various courses of action will have on costs and revenues.
- Telecommunication & Financial Knowledge
- Excellent Communication/ Presentation skills
- Ability to take complete responsibility of new requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to changes and working in stress situations
- Ability to work in team and motivate people
- Competent on MS Office (Advanced) and MS VBA scripting
- The ability to manage the user demands whether justified or unacceptable
- Track budget/actual, costs/savings financials for each account & guide stakeholders to reach them.
- Take initiatives to uplift/improve financial performance
- Work with MSDMs to ensure correct time reporting, Utilization & Billability
- Work with stakeholders for matters related to rate card (MHR, Work-Center, Cost-Center etc.) as well as financial reporting
- Support MSDMs in all matters related to ICRRB, Network ID etc.
- Provide guidance and conduct monthly finance reviews
- Does financial audit in the unit as well as across deliveries
- End to end accountability for the financial wheel of the unit – estimate, track, control, optimize
- Prepare Monthly and weekly finance report
- Maintain Master Budget File for all accounts in SDUs
- Prepare Efficiency Reports
- Perform Monthly Financial Reconciliation
- Review Global (Remote MS Report) and local (EGI) finance reports take action for reconciliation
- Track and maintain savings from SDE or other Improvement programs
- Ensure authenticity of circulated reports in close coordination with MSDMs & other stakeholders
- Ensure replication of best practices across all deliveries
- Conduct Awareness and Training
- Work on Automation of reports
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.