Digital Transformation/Automation Consultant
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees. More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We are looking for a Digital Transformation Consultant to help our clients leverage automation as part of their digital transformation. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate experience in developing and implementing automation strategy. You will bring value to the customer through your understanding of their end-to-end user / customer journey and it's related processes across NW, IT and Sales. You need to have the ability to analyse and propose improvements on this customers' end-to-end process, considering network, IT operations as well as architecture organisation and competencies.
In this role, you will support short and long-term profitable business by interacting closely with senior customer stakeholders and our customer teams to identify new business opportunities that benefit both our customers and Ericsson. You will ensure that consulting projects are fulfilled and delivered in time, at a high quality and within budget.
- Business development activities to grow Ericsson business and Consulting Services
- Develop clear E2E value propositions that addres our customers' challenges by combining Ericsson's technical and business consulting capabilties
- Drive sales engagements
- Deliver consulting projects: develop, coordinate and deliver the implemention of automation strategies for our customers
- Understand and share knowledge of network end-to-end processes, resource and customer layouts
- Share knowledge and influence external and internal team to direct transformation
- Manage Change Requests
- Strong understanding of technology and using it as a tool to enable the business
- Experience working in organisation where technology is a key element of the business
- Experience in Virtualisation of NW function
- Experience of API consumable NW Services
- Demonstrated ability to work within Matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence to a senior level
- Ability to translate "technical speak" to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience in the technology space, with a minimum of 5 years consulting at a senior level
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Persuading & influencing
- Relating & networking
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Adapting & responding to change
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Project management skills
- Business understanding
- Sales process knowledge
- Financial acumen & skills
- Market insight
- Consultative selling skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Docklands || IT
Job details: Consultant Job Stage 08