Do you want to do your thesis with us in Kista?
Would you like the chance to do your thesis together with one of the world’s leading technology companies? We are on a quest to enable communication for everyone and everything and we believe that we do that by being as innovative as possible. If you want to help us to be even more innovative – then you are on the right track!
We want you to become a part of a truly global company working across borders in 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Come and learn and grow with us at Ericsson.
This is a position for MSc thesis work to study Waveguide size reduction by using magneto-dielectric materials.
The purpose of this work is to analyze and model magneto-dielectric materials to reduce the size of RF devices. The study will be focus into characterize this material in order to reduce losses of a simple waveguide section.
- Explore the state of the art, manufacturers, materials and datasheets. Analyze the market and elaborate if possible, an estimation of the market evolution for the next 5-10 years.
- Understand why this material is so lossy and suggest a possible way to reduce its losses.
- Explore the different methods that can be used to fabricate devices with this material: accuracies, roughness, etc.
- Characterize a chosen sample in terms of permittivity, permeability, loses and roughness.
- Based in the previous steps, identify a suitable device that would improve its size/performance using this material. The initial idea is to fabricate a simple waveguide at 1GHz (it can be changed).
- Material engineering
- Matlab and/or Python programming
- EM CAD such as CST, HFSS, ADS, AWR and Comsol would be desirable
- Ability to conduct literature review
- Apply and evaluate different methodologies
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
If you feel interested, please send in your application as soon as possible. The start date can be adjusted to both your and the business needs – the intention is to start February.
While applying please attach your updated CV, current grades and cover letter written in English into one document (under CV field in the application tool) and clearly define your technical knowledge.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Recruiter, Sylwia Kwiecień at email@example.com
To be a driver of global transformation is in our DNA and we use innovation to empower people, business and society. Through our technological leadership, global presence and the empowerment we provide to our employees, we offer enormous opportunities to change people's lives and the world we live in.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Stud&YP
Req ID: 249949