PDU OSS Technical Writer
Current & Next Generation Solutions - PDU OSS
PDU OSS product development team is responsible for the development of the core software for Dynamic Orchestration (DO). The PDU OSS Customer Product Information (CPI) team is responsible for the technical documentation and online help content for this product.
Under minimal supervision, the candidate is required to:
- Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
- Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
- Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies
- Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics
- Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
- Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner
- Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system.
- Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
- Identifies and drives improvements in documentation and ways of workings/processes
- Proven Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML in a industry recognised CMS
- Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector
- Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly
- Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter
- Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus
- Relevant Degree in related field
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06