Data Scientist - Graduates
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
- Learn to develop scientific methods, processes, and systems to extract knowledge or insights of applied analytics.
- Learn/Perform Advanced Statistical Analytics and create insights into data to provide to the business actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance which to highlight and address business problems.
- Collaborate with business and process owners to understand business issues, and with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions, where applicable.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Build advanced statistical models, algorithms and trend analysis in order to discover predictive insights related to network and business objectives.
- Translate data algorithms and complex ideas into actionable management insights and solutions.
- Translate operator business objectives into business intelligence through regressive data analytics.
- Explore and work on Big Data tools and technologies
- Research and develop approaches on how to improve processes by using our vast amounts of data, working together with other DS team members and learning from them.
Technical Skills - you have:
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science new graduate (student in the last year or attending master program)
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis, theory of probabilities, design of experiments and machine learning.
- Acumen for business flow understanding and expertise in data preparation, data mining and pre-processing.
- Good knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle SQL.
- Good command of programming language and software environment for statistical analysis, graphics representation and reporting i.e. R, Python;
- At least basic knowledge of any visualization tools like Business Objects, Tableau, Cognos
- Additional "nice to have knowledge": Hadoop, Spark, Data Lake, Data Mining.
- Good command of English language.
Soft Skills - you are:
- Creative & innovative
- Keen on learning
- Willing tp apply expertise and technology
- Willing to present & communicate information
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest ||
Req ID: 279985