Job Title: Executive Assistant (EA) to Head of Networks and Managed Service (NMS) UK & Ireland
The Executive Assistant will provide a high degree of administrative support to the Customer Unit (CU) Head & Head of NMS UK & Ireland, together with their leadership teams. The incumbent will contribute to and coordinate different projects and events as instructed by his/her manager. As required they will be expected to communicate and liaise directly with customers and/or customer’s EA/PAs and present the professional ‘face of’ Ericsson UK & Ireland They will act as an expert for the administrative IT systems whenever needed and will be required to authorise orders, invoices and other actions, such as HR ITM requests in line with authorisation policies and routines.
The EA will support and inform the business about Ericsson internal administrative processes, systems and tools. The tasks performed can also be on an ad-hoc basis.
They will work on the above to optimise administrative efficiency, meet business needs and enable the CU Head & Head of NMS UK & Ireland to focus on the core business & customer needs.
The EA is also responsible for planning for internal events and co-ordinating for external corporate hospitality.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Full organisation, diary & task management for CU Head & Head of NMS UK & Ireland to ensure maximum their productivity.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers and customer PA/EA counter parts.
- Support with use of all Ericsson administrative tools & processes
- Efficiently organise all travel arrangements, UK & world-wide
- Manage and coordinate events as required by CU team, including sales conferences, customer events, workshops & training seminars
- Drive improvement and implementation of administrative routines, systems and ways of working to maximise efficiency of CU.
- Network and communicate with other assistants within and outside the organisation
- Strong understanding of business
- Excellent organisational and project management skills for event management.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal.
- Good understanding of communication technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of drive & energy
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work as part of team and on their own with little direction
- Strong customer skills
- Following instruction and procedures
- Working with people at all levels in the organisation
- Adapting and responding to change
- Planning and organising
- Persuading and influencing
This role will be located in Reading
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 279960