External Communication Manager
The External Communications team at Business Area Networks is driving external comms activities for the company’s core business and new-generation 5G technology. This includes both strategic and tactical positioning, spokespeople support as well as engagement and outreach using innovative, cost effective, yet impactful ways to engage influencers. Our activities have a global reach and we liaise with colleagues in all geographies.
We are now looking for an External Communications Manager to support with proactive, relevant, and impactful communications towards influencers with special focus on media, for Business Area Networks. In this role, you will be involved in planning, preparing and executing on communications activities and project such as product and services launches, preparing media pitches, as well as securing that the media package is always up to date and attractive. You will be working collaboratively with product experts as well as other external communications colleagues across the company globally to bring out and amplify strong company narratives, aligned with business objectives. You will report to Head of Marketing and Communications and work in tight collaboration and under supervision of Director, External Communications.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Plan, prepare and execute on communications activities and projects, including crafting of messages for different target audiences, in collaboration with relevant teams across company
· Write and translate content into powerful stories and effective media pitches
· Plan and develop external communications assets such as media kits, bios, photos
· Support Ericsson spokespersons and facilitating media interviews with technology media
· Media monitoring and measure impact on the share of voice
· University degree in journalism, communications, business administration or equivalent training/experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience in communications
· Knowledge of telecom or technology industry preferred but not required
· Understanding and knowledge of news media and digital publishing channels
· Good ability to collaborate with spokespersons and stakeholders across company
· Proficiency in English is a must, spoken and written
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
· Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
· Execution and result-oriented approach to achieve measurable results
· Well organized and structured
· Innovative thinking is a plus
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
· Experience in public relations
· Experience leading projects across different cultures
· Experience and/or understanding of marketing and communications
· Experience of working in a global company valuable
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
If you have any specific questions regarding the position you are welcome to send an email to recruiter Rebecka Gustafsson (email@example.com)
Deadline for applications: 28th April. However applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 278705