Field Technician - Core
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Reporting to the line manager, this permanent, full time role is responsible for performing physical and manual activities, telecommunication infrastructure audits, installation of hardware/software systems and implementing upgrades. In this role you will maintain and repair radio access nodes and core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks. A key component of this position is to interact with other technicians, customer technical staff and varying groups within the Ericsson organisation.
Outline of Key Skills and Experience required:
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering or similar
- Proven understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure
- Ability to understand and implement RAN, RF, and Transmission designs
- Installation of Ericsson radio telecommunications equipment and cabling on NBN, Telstra or other mobile network operator’s sites/structure
- Data Centre or exchange installation experience
- 2 or more years relevant industry experience
- An ability to work at heights
- Proven experience within a network rollout discipline
We are looking for a combination of most of the following experience, qualifications and achievements:
- Understand and implement RAN, RF, and Transmission designs
- Installation and commissioning experience in high capacity transmission equipment
- Desirable to have both RAN and Core/TX installation and commissioning experience
- Demonstrated understanding of transmission concepts
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction and site installation drawings
- Solid understanding of NBN and/or Telstra installation standards
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Flexibility in working hours
- Willingness to travel away for 1 to 3 weeks at a time
**Please note, only applicants with existing Australian Work Rights will be considered**
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || ServEng
Req ID: 277909