Master thesis project on distribution of Artificial Intelligence
Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
We are looking for a Master thesis student to research and implement components of an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Framework being developed at Ericsson Research. The project will include researching the state-of-the-art Machine Learning (ML) algorithms as well as developing novel solutions for the lifecycle management of ML solutions to be validated in the context of IoT scenarios, such as automotive or smart manufacturing.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to:
- Research and implement components of a larger framework to resolve problems in the Artificial Intelligence area.
- Research and Implement novel concepts, solutions, and algorithms.
- Apply your research in a specific use case or solution.
- Perform, document, and communicate the research and results.
- Use state of the art tools and software to perform the work.
- Work with key experts in ML/AI supporting your growth and development in this field.
- Work with key experts in software development supporting your growth and development in this field.
- Designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Background on Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Significant part of courses associated with the degree are accomplished
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently and with the team
- Knowledge about technologies and architectures related to the Machine Learning
- Good programming skills in the following languages: Java, C/C++, Python
For this specific role, we are seeking for candidates who own previous experience in the deployment of Android applications. Therefore, the following qualifications represent a plus:
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin and knowledge of the Android SDK and open-source Android ecosystem
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience working with the Open Neural Network Exchange Format (ONNX) ecosystem
- Actor-based programming model
Technical areas for the thesis work:
- Intelligence service provisioning
- Dynamic update of Machine Intelligence Models
- Lifecycle Management for Artificial Intelligence services
- Software development of mobile applications
We will provide active support for the motivated thesis worker in research and development tools to successful fulfil the requirements for the Master thesis.
Apply now or at the latest 30th April!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || R&D
Req ID: 277450