SMA Process Engineer
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications solutions & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson solutions, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
As a part of establishing manufacturing operations in the US we are now looking for an SMA (Surface Mount Assembly) Engineer to develop, implement and maintain cost efficient SMA process. Key aspects of the role are to ensure the site has a state of art SMA processes and to ensure the equipment is properly maintained. The chosen candidate will support both volume production as well as New Product Introduction (NPI) and inbound/outbound transfer of production.
• Develop the SMA (Surface Mounting Assembly) process to launch new products
• Investigate and resolve process issues to all aspects of SMA operations including Solder Paste Printing, SPI, Placement, AOI, Reflow, and Post-SMA processes
• Drive quality and efficiency improvements at all SMA operations
• Program and troubleshoot typical SMA equipment
• Identify root cause of occurred defects and implement robust corrective actions
• Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities within SMA operations
• Interface with NPI teams (Project Management, Product and Production Engineering, R&D) to ensure flawless transition of new products into volume production
• Provide feedback to New products Design Producibility reviews.
• Control and improve SMA tools design and place orders
• Take part in project pre-studies, pre-development activities and global SMA
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electronics, Chemistry or Mechanical engineering or similar relevant competences
• Deep production technology knowledge or related work experience
• Knowledge about DFM (Design For Manufacturing) process
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Innovative and adaptable team player
• Good presentation and communication skills
Additional Requirements: Initially this position requires extensive overseas traveling
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log
Job details: HW Make Support Job Stage 06