Operations Centre Manager
This is a key role within the 24/7 shift environment acting as the primary lead for all major or significant incidents affecting the customer(s) service or network. The individual is responsible for owning, driving and managing the restoration of the service or network ensuring clear, concise and timely communication is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the event.
When on shift the individual will be responsible for the “Real Time Management” of the operational service maintaining constant awareness of overall performance and taking necessary actions to correct the delivery to ensure required service levels are maintained, improved, or recovered.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
· Accountable for the “Real Time Management” of the service/network maintaining a constant awareness of the delivery and performance. Take necessary actions to ensure service levels are maintained or improved and identifying any potential future risk(s) were specific plans/actions may be required to either mitigated or reduced likely impact.
· Accountable for management of major/significant Incidents which may/have affected the customers network or service ensuring that relevant actions are taken to the restore/stabilise the service as quickly as possible. Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to customers and internal stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the Incident managing expectations, issues or concerns effectively.
· Responsible for ensuring initial incident report is created post service restoration or incident closure. Contributing to the content were required, ensuring any actions, observations or learnings are captured and any immediate relevant follow up activities are requested and tracked within the relevant system/process.
· Act as “Single Point of Contact” for key individuals/departments within the customers and internal organisation in relation to the management of the service. Owning any escalations, requests or queries ensuring appropriate action is taken to manage or resolve.
· Accountable for “Real Time” performance of their shift team ensuring that activities/actions are in line with immediate priorities of the network/service and they are being progressed correctly.
· Responsible for handover between teams/individuals, ensuring continuity in the management of ongoing Incidents or events and awareness of current risks and issues which have or might gain high level of visibility or attention within the customer/internal organisation.
· Creating or updating process documentation to reflect changes in handling of customer escalations or queries, were necessary highlighting significant gaps or changes to the RTO Manager.
· Actively contributing to development and improvement of the service across all aspects of the delivery (Ways of working, management of work stack, customer interface and management, 3PP engagement, performance of delivery units, automation etc).
- Maintain and drive a self-managed competence baseline, identifying development and learning requirements in line with the customer network/service evolution and its strategy. Sharing knowledge and experience openly with the formal and virtual team members.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 276777