Lead Test Engineer - Svcs RF
The engineer will work within the New Product Introduction team at Ericsson. The engineer will work in radio laboratories and gain familiarity with the Ericsson radio products through product testing as well as with the Ericsson product acceptance process for our large customers in North America. He will be exposed to the latest radio products HW & SW that will be rollout out in the network of our biggest customer (TMO, Rogers, AT&T, VzW, etc). As part of his work the engineer will also be asked to work on the live Network to implement new functionality.
The Lead Tester role in New Product Introduction (NPI) projects works on the 3 key phases of our projects: Ericsson lab, customer lab, and field (live network). Each phase has its own lead who oversees the activities during that phase the tester and & tester lead will work with the overall phase lead. In some projects, depending on size, some of those roles might be combined and performed by the same person. In each of the phases, the tester & test lead are responsible for the activities associated with that phase during the preparation, execution and conclusion of it.
- Based on scope assessing equipment and UE needs and providing the PM with input to get those resources secured.
- Getting the test plant set up with the nodes running and ready for testing. He is expected to be involved in defining the configuration of the test plant.
- For the lab, maintaining a good and correct configuration at all times. As part of testing parameter changes are made and features are turned on/off. It is important to keep a consistent and correct configuration throughout the project for accuracy such as in comparisons between the different SW loads.
- For the field, in addition to the above responsibilities, responsibilities extend to ensuring that all feature activations and parameter changes are done according to the testing plan.
- Work distribution: It is the responsibility of the test leads to distribute the work amongst the team for their respective phase based on the workload and technical competence of the team members.
- Ensuring that the testing is executed completely, correctly and according to the agreed time-plan. This is a joint effort between the tester & test lead and the PM. Anything that might jeopardize progress needs to be flagged to the PM.
- Ensuring that the logs are produced by the testers and stored.
- Sending a daily progress report.
- Ensure that the sufficient attention and troubleshooting has been given to the issue within the team before escalating it to design unit.
- Get a trouble report raised
- Ensuring that the team has the resources they need to execute the testing e.g, UEs, nodes, documentation needed from design. For securing lab equipment and UEs, it is the PM who takes care of that, however it is the tester & test lead who needs to make the assessment and flag the requirements to the PM’s attention.
- Presentation of result, issues and strategy both internally and externally.
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-5 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- If you have ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications that would be an advantage
- Advanced technical knowledge in the network area of working (Radio, Transport, Core or Wireline)
- Knowledge of local OHS statutory regulations and group OHS requirements
- English Skills
The tester & test lead will need to have excellent written and presentation skills since there is often interaction with our design unit, the project manager and our customer. To explain testing strategy, results or issues.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Redmond || Consulting&SysInt