Researcher in Cloud Systems and Platforms
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Researcher in Cloud Systems and Platforms.
The Cloud Systems and Platforms research team in Budapest is working on high-performance cloud platforms and services in the era of distributed cloud and 5G. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your groundbreaking ideas, energy, enthusiasm, and skill to revolutionize the distributed cloud platform in a senior team of inspiring researchers. Typically, our work is performed in projects that may incorporate internal and external research collaborations across international borders. In your role, you will have the opportunity to work on novel concepts, solutions, and algorithms and implement these in proof of concept systems in the context of next generation Cloud platforms. This work will allow you to obtain a holistic understanding of Cloud systems and how it goes hand-in-hand in 5G, ranging from platform enablers, technologies to achieve low latency and high reliability, distributed operating system mechanisms, to cutting-edge service delivery technologies. You have the responsibility to develop and present your results in prototypes and concept demonstrations, where we put increasing emphasis on the quality and re-usability of the developed software components. Another important part of your work will be dissemination and publications of research results, where you will have the challenging task to simplify the complex and clearly communicate advanced concepts. Finally, as part of your work you will have the chance to protect your innovative solutions with IPR.
- Find research challenges and their solutions
- Design new technical solutions
- Protect technical solutions by Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Implement proof of concept prototypes and demonstrations
- Represent Ericsson in external fora such as standardization, university collaborations, and customer meetings
- Supervise and coach other researchers and students
- Align research tasks and anchor research results with relevant Business Areas
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or related technical fields
- Software development experience in one or more common programming languages
- Ability and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to work independently as well as a member of a high performance team
- Flexibility to do what is needed when it is needed: survey, study, specify, design, implement, present
- Background or hands-on experiences in at least one of the following fields:
- Cloud and platform technologies and/or datacenter infrastructure
- Distributed computing and systems, and/or operating systems
- Experience in developing patents and other IPR
- Experience in contributing to research communities, including conference papers and other research publications
- Experience in contributing to Open Source or leading Open Source projects
- An established personal network within academia and/or industry
- Project or team leadership experience
- Relevant work experience – including technology startup, full time industry experience, or as researcher in a lab
The mission of Ericsson Research, Cloud Systems and Platforms
Ericsson Research ensures technology leadership and supports profitable business for the entire Ericsson group. We do this by contributing with exploratory and disruptive research to the Ericsson technology strategies, as well as by introducing advanced system concepts, novel technology, and new methodology into product development. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation both within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes. Ericsson Research is a global organization consisting of hundreds of research professionals, organized into 8 Research Areas. The mission of the Research Area of Cloud Systems and Platforms is.to support Ericsson and its customers in Cloud-based offerings, digitalization, and emerging businesses with concepts that are two to ten years ahead of existing products. Besides pushing the state of the art in areas such as Cloud for 5G and IoT, our current research is directed at realizing an easy-to-use and access, yet performant, massively distributed Cloud infrastructure supporting the ongoing industry transformation as well as other exciting use-cases such as cloud robotics or AR/VR applications.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!