MS Delivery Manager
The Managed Services Delivery Manager (MSDM) is a customer centric role focusing on building an understanding of the customers pain points, driving performance and improvement plans to surpass customer expectations. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the “Cost of Delivery” is kept at optimal levels identifying and driving use of automation, process improvements and proactive initiatives.
The individual will be responsible for services and sales via our global team in a matrix style organisation and will align to the overall Ericsson service delivery processes, models and strategies.
Accountable for their customer and internal KPI’s they will focus on delivering “best in class” performance driving the challenger mindset within the supply organisations to ensure continuous service improvement.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Identifying short, medium and long term trends, causes and opportunities in line with current delivery requirements. Driving on and offshore teams to self-correct and assure delivery.
- Taking reactive, proactive, commercial and customer demands, to determine tactical and strategic service improvement requirements, planning, milestones and measurements.
- Ensuring delivery strategy complies with policy (ITIL and contractual blueprint), and customer priority profile.
- Real time (on call) point of operational escalation for customer, Operations Centre Manager and Head of Operations Assurance during major incidents relating to relevant domain.
- Ensuring delivery meets the contractual scope and agreed customer requirements. Driving exceptions into additional sales.
- Ensuring processes, procedures and scope variations are fully documented and managed.
- Maintaining and managing risks ensuring risk mitigation plans are available where possible within domain
- Validating and ongoing management/review of service agreements with our Global delivery team and 3PP partners, in line with service delivery requirements.
- Accountability for e2e execution of lessons learnt and process enhancements, in the medium-long term. Defining measurements, objectives, requirements and checkpoints, owning reporting and dialog internally and externally.
- Driving relevant data inputs, and collation of service metrics and insights across UK and global delivery teams. Driving outcomes and ensuring actions are fit for purpose and have the required traction.
- Owning the customer relationship, challenging the ways of working to evolve and improve customer experience.
- Operate a continuous improvement ethos (CSI) and passion for quality throughout the team.
- Drive vendor and supplier performance, reporting risks and escalations to the customer, whilst working to seek opportunities to improve Ericsson’s balance of work by delivering up-sales.
- Removing silos and creating a ‘One team approach’
- Aligns customer goals with business priorities
- Drive down the “cost of Operation” for Ericsson optimising the use of global and local tools and applications which reduce the need for human interaction.
Technical Competencies (Essential and Desirable)
- Strong understanding of Liberty Global scope, equipment technologies and vendor solution used within the relevant customer networks, with appreciation of operations, performance and design considerations. – Desirable
- Able to relay and share technical information to technical and non-technical teams (internal and external), concisely and confidently. In order to achieve strategic and tactical influence in line with the objectives of the team. - Essential
- Proven track record in conceiving and delivering expert technical service solutions on a reactive and proactive basis, across any technology relevant to the customer network. - Essential
- Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change, CSI and service introduction principles and practices. – Essential
- Expertise in database/spreadsheet applications and able to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions – Essential
- Analytical background, proven ability to utilise data and analytical tools to build dashboards and make use of network data – Desirable
- Technical certification in relevant field – Desirable
- Technically astute and a Thought leader - Desirable
- Able to deep dive into the technical detail to understand the issues encountered and guide the teams on improvement plans – Essential
- Understand the customer dynamics and competitive landscape – Desirable
Key personal traits
- Able to lead a diverse team of technical experts by example, adapting leadership style to best meet scenarios and individuals – Essential
- Strong and confident team player/leader (formal and virtual teams), able to question ideas and conclusions in order to refine and improve. - Essential
- Naturally comfortable taking ownership, driving teams and activities end to end, deciding and initiating actions. – Essential
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail. – Essential
- Target focussed with exceptional planning and organisational skills. – Essential
- Passionate and persistent when working towards challenging objectives, able to insight motivation and drive in others – Essential
- Self-driven and proactive approach, looking beyond the immediate incident and seeing the bigger problem, developing team members to share the same perspective - Essential
- Confident communicator and influencer, internally and customer-facing, good objection handling and negotiation skills. – Essential
- Acts and behaves with integrity and honesty and professionalism, whilst remaining firm and determined towards the delivery of objectives. – Essential
- Drives a culture of ownership, empowerment and strives to influence those around them - Essential
- Thinks big, thinks differently, assesses problems in different ways and motivates the team to be creative. - Essential
- Takes calculated risks, reacts quickly and delivers upon their promise - Essential
- HNC/HND within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent – Desired.
- Six Sigma certified – Desired
- ITIL certified – Essential
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 276344