OSS Activation Engineer/Developer - Graduate
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Ericsson Trainee program aims to build the next generation of employees in our Market Area by attracting the most competent, high performing and motivated young people in the industry.
OSS Activation Engineer/Developer- EMA/PG/EDA
As an IT Engineer, the candidate will investigate, deliver restorations and produce solutions in the OSS (EMA/PG/EDA) area for Ericsson customers.
The role is part of customer team and work in customer premises or remotely for the customer wherever possible. The administrator installs, configures, setup the required customer products/systems and their relative sizing and optimization.
The IT Engineer tester tests the customer systems duties (both overall and/or per individual modules/components) and identifies all anomalies respect of system specification and makes a first diagnosis of possible causes.
Integration: installation, configuration and integration of Ericsson’s OSS solutions (work with the customer on-site or from the back-office as a member of the implementation team)
Development: design, develop adapters and interfaces on the Ericsson Dynamic Activation / Provisioning Gateway (EMA/PG/EDA) API and tools
Support: Investigate technical problems, troubleshoot systems that are in operation and if requested, participate in the remedy of systems in case of critical situations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- New graduates or employees with small working experience (up to two years)
- Good command of the English language
- Positive attitude & interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasking and team-oriented environment
- Ability to show active participation within a team – be engaged
- General "open source" knowledge, "hands on" approach and a "can do" attitude
- Curious, willing to learn and grow
- Good knowledge on some of the following:
- J2SE and the Java ecosystem (tools and APIs)
- XML, XSLT, XSD, WSDL and Web Services / SOAP APIs and frameworks
- JSON file format manipulation
- Python and Groovy scripting languages
- Development environment: Eclipse
- Good knowledge of some of the following:
- Linux system administration
- Oracle database system administration and PL/SQL development