Strategic Sourcing Manager Technical Consultancy
Technical Consultancy Sourcing is the unit in Ericsson’s Group Sourcing responsible to manage all purchases of R&D external workforce, IT consultancy services, university collaborations and test & certifications services globally. We work from Stockholm, with global reach, including long-term presence in China, Canada and the USA. We have extensive experience in driving outsourcing projects and in working with suppliers and partners from around the globe to support Ericsson’s business and ambitions.
We develop the R&D and IT supplier base and drive collaborations and procurement projects/RFPs in Business Areas: Networks, Digital Services, Technologies & New Businesses, in Group IT and in Ericsson Research. Our supplier portfolio consists of leading international companies as well as niche players e.g. in local ecosystems near Ericsson sites worldwide. They work at the forefront of technology innovation e.g. with 5G, IoT, AI & automation, cybersecurity.
We are now recruiting talented Strategic Sourcing Managers to lead R&D/IT strategy execution, related projects and interaction with the business globally. The Strategic Sourcing Managers will be based in Kista and belong to our diverse team of highly qualified professionals.
The Strategic Sourcing Managers will be accountable for evaluating, qualifying and selecting suppliers and partners. The work includes strategic handling of the existing supplier base, decision making for products and implementation of technologies, hiring of tech-savvy talent, the selective introduction of new suppliers and cross-functional team coordination in close cooperation with Business Areas, Sourcing Category Leaders and Supplier Relationship Managers.
If you are a results-driven person who would like to work in a dynamic, commercial and international environment with great possibilities for personal and professional development, contact us.
- You will lead, prepare & execute sourcing projects and procurements/RFIs/RFQs/RFPs related to R&D and IT outsourcing, continuous improvement, change management
- You will identify industry best practices, collect business intelligence and research data, and benchmark potential suppliers and partners
- You will evaluate and select suppliers and partners
- You will conduct negotiations and design business models
- You will ensure agreement implementation
- You will contribute to Ericsson’s long-term business
- Education: Master of Science or equivalent (engineering with business mindset, or economics with a genuine technical interest)
- 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Digital skills, data visualization to gain business insights
- Commercial acumen
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to communicate and influence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment both in a team setting and independently
- Legal & regulations understanding
- Excellent English language skills
- Understanding of the business environment for internal/external R&D and IT
- Ability to think strategically, to translate a strategy into tactical deliverables and to drive detailed execution and change
- Leadership behaviour
- Result orientation
- Team player able to share knowledge
- Willingness to travel, domestic and abroad
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible. For information please contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT; R&D
Req ID: 276134