To meet the demand of our growing patent licensing business, we in IPR & Licensing are building for the future. In addition to securing freedom-of-action for Ericsson on the telecom market, substantial revenues are created through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Ericsson currently has some 49,000 granted patents and more than 100 patent-licensing agreements in place.
You can be part of this team that is responsible for protecting the IPR of Ericsson's innovative technologies and products. IPR and Licensing offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
As a patent professional within the Patent Unit Gothenburg your main responsibilities will include the following:
• Identification and protection of patentable inventions. This will involve working in close cooperation with both inventors and other research & development staff.
• Handling and deciding on patent applications and patents including: drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in multiple countries.
• Assessment of the nature and desired extent of patent protection in view of Ericsson’s business.
• Reviewing Ericsson technologies and services under all patent aspects.
• Providing advice on validity, relevance and scope of both Ericsson and third-party patents.
• Managing patent portfolios and making sure that quality is secured for our standard essential patents (SEPs) and implementation patents.
• Investigating and supporting in technical discussions for licensing and sales opportunities for Ericsson’s patents.
• Preparing claim charts.
• Continuously improve the ways of working with the above responsibilities.
• Master of Science or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field such as electronic engineering, applied physics, computer science, or ICT.
• Very good written and spoken English.
• A number of years’ experience of patent work.
* Works well in teams as well as individually.
• Preferably European Patent Attorney, but applicants who have started with the certification would be considered.
• Self-motivated and strong drive to accomplish tasks and become a world-class patent professional.
• Good analytical and communication skills.
• Good knowledge of 3G, 4G and/or 5G standardization and/or mobile phone/system implementation.
Trust – Innovation - Performance: These are the core values that define Ericsson reputation and guide us in our daily work and in the way we do business.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 276014