Senior OAM Developer @ Packet Core
This is Ericsson
Ericsson – who we are!
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We at Ericsson Packet Core, are currently looking for a software developer to work with one of Ericsson's industry-leading product that is a part of 2G-, 3G-, 4G and 5G-networks. We are constantly adding new functionality to support both existing and future generation networks. We are strengthening the development of our container-based network functions (NF) and are looking for developers in the common Operation & Maintenance (O&M) area.
You will be working with next generation of SGSN-MME. It is a central (key) node in the packet core network, providing mobile internet to users all over the world. An SGSN-MME is a large scale distributed and parallel system implemented mainly in Erlang and C/C++ and can serve tens of millions of subscribers simultaneously.
Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband you connect to internet – this connection is what we enable.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods and principles like Lean and Scrum to create a product that excels. Early customer and stakeholder feedback is a key element in our development process which is based on Continuous Integration SW practices. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to a prioritized backlog.
To expand our organization’s capacity, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly independent. You’ll be working directly with your Product Owner and stakeholders in a collaborative manner. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which may not be right for everyone, but which we believe is the best way to create great software.
The team will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment. Some teams have a life cycle responsibility for a part of the product.
Among other things, Unit/Component Test, Refactoring and Continuous Delivery are defining concepts and we are constantly improving our ways of working. We believe in trying new things that suits your team, e.g.:
- Software Craftsmanship
- Reserved time for improvements and innovations
- Knowledge sharing from external channels
Our product, tools and infrastructure places high technical requirements on the team including high-performance application development, low latency requirements, multi-threaded/multi-process troubleshooting, and embedded system development in an environment with huge amounts of data.
Technologies we use and need to master
- Most of our product code is written in C, C++ and Erlang.
- We use Linux as OS.
- Test and development scripts are developed in TTCN, Perl, Python, Java and Gherkin.
- We are developing the future product with Containers and Virtualization using:
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm and Kafka.
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Functional Programming, preferable Erlang
- Experience in model-driven development for configuration protocol
- Containers and Virtualization (Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, WMware, Helm, Kafka etc.)
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
We want smart, self-motivated product developers who love solving complex problems to join our great development teams.
- You should have strong systems architecture and networking knowledge.
- You have experience from user interface development. Requirement handling, Backward Compatibility, Model-driven development, Model life-cycle handling. Usability.
- You like to perform trouble shooting and act proactively to customer technical questions
- You like to drive changes across organizations
- You like to assist in competence build up within the organization
- You like to spend time exploring new ideas and address future opportunities and improvements
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions.
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. You love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge.
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, reading and experimentation.
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them so you can focus on the fun work instead.
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features.
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment.
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application!
Anna Magnusson - Primary Recruiter
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06