Application dvlp & 3rd level support Job stage 4
Job Role: Software Developer – Ericsson Broadcast & Media
Our end-to-end Media Management Services and content discovery platforms provide seamless delivery and robust support for linear and non-linear content preparation workflows. Technology, support and operations are provided from a combination of dedicated hubs and cloud-based facilities.
The developer is responsible for the developing quality solutions. Key responsibilities require the candidate to;
- Analyze and question requirements corroborating their use against existing features and practices
- Participate and drive requirements gathering, high-level and low-level design.
- Participate and drive design review and code review.
- Code and unit test in conformance to standards and design specifications
- Prepare unit test, system test and acceptance test plan
- Participate in installation, integration and User Acceptance testing
- Participate in meetings with region project team on solution issues.
- Participate in solving support issues/change requests in the support phase
- Follow configuration and release management processes.
Our client is one of the world’s leading media services companies. Working with broadcasters, content owners, platform operators and brands, the company blends technology and creative expertise to provide a range of services; from playout, multi-platform media management and distribution through to access services, metadata, content discovery, companion applications and brand consultancy.
A successful developer will have relevant experience of major software development projects with the following skills, knowledge and/or experience:
- 3-8 years’ experience in IT Industry
- Good hands on in Core Java and J2EE
- Should have knowledge in UNIX platform
- Hands on in XSLT and XML parsing
- Database knowledge in SQL/ No SQL like MongoDB, MySQL or equivalent.
Application Architecture & Frameworks:
- J2EE (Webservices)
- Frameworks like Apache Camel(Preferred), Spring(Mandatory), Performance Tuning & Optimization
- Very good English speaking and writing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Fast learner and good team player
- Actively share knowledge and willing to learn new skills.
- Must have a positive approach to change, the ability to understand other cultures and the ability to adapt to, benefit from and respect cultural differences.
- Possess an acute interest in gathering clues about problems to assist the design team in isolating problems
Qualification: B.E/ BTech/ MTech in computer science, engineering or relevant field
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Chennai || ProdMgt
Req ID: 275613