NAP Researchers to Ericsson Research Turkey
Ericsson Research – Creating the full value of connectivity, through world-leading research, empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Ericsson, the leader of mobile communications, is conducting world-leading research in various research areas, under its global organization Ericsson Research, with presence at several sites and in all continents. Ericsson Research has the responsibility to provide Ericsson with new technologies and innovative system concepts, driving the standards and the development of future communication systems. Ericsson Research Turkey is a newly opened research site in Istanbul, which is active in two research areas; the Network Architecture and Protocols area and the Security area.
Research Area Network Architecture and Protocols (NAP)
Research Area NAP performs research on functional architectures, interfaces, and protocols required for communication networks of the future. This includes how to manage, orchestrate, optimize, and automate these networks end-to-end, applying policies, data analytics, and artificial intelligence. We cooperate globally with leading academic institutions and together with our customers and partners we drive the standards in 3GPP and other standardization fora. Our work generates patents and the required expertise to serve Ericsson’s product and business units.
As a researcher at NAP you will perform or drive complex research tasks and participate in in advanced research projects, developing new concepts and technologies for current and future mobile networks. This includes functions and features for the evolution of 5G and beyond, indoor and outdoor Radio networks, Core networks, Fronthaul networks, and Backhaul networks, with all the related management solutions. You will define and drive research studies, invent new features, perform simulations and measurements, and evaluate performance for different deployments and spectrum scenarios, using state-of-the-art radio network simulators and test-beds. You may act as an Ericsson Research delegate in international fora or towards customers and participate in international standardization work, at bodies like 3GPP, ITU-T, ETSI NFV/ZSM, and IEEE. The research will be carried out in shorter or longer-term projects, in collaboration with universities, customers or other partners, targeting competitive network products and solutions for Ericsson. Your research results will be delivered in the form of technical reports, academic papers, white papers, proof of concepts, and standard contributions, protected by patents.
The successful candidate for this role will be working in an international team, of world-class researchers, with diverse backgrounds and experiences in mobile communication, including the key authorities and thought leaders globally, who are contributing to standardize mobile technologies used by billions of people worldwide. This also means that you will have the opportunity to gain expertise in wireless systems, with opportunities for continuous learning and growth, impacting our ways of working, travel globally, including the possibility of becoming an attractive candidate for an international career in other parts of our company, trying new roles and responsibilities, and much more.
- PhD degree, PhD candidate, or equivalent, in Wireless Communications, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Engineering, or similar technical fields.
- Good understanding for digital and wireless communications, cellular architectures, mobile network functions, interfaces, and communication protocols.
- Strong analytical skills, a positive mindset, and ability of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Rich in initiative, creative, and with strong personal drive, and commitment.
- Good programming skills (Java, C++), and experienced in running computer simulations
- Excited to work in an environment where you cooperate closely in a diverse team, together striving to fulfil common targets according to set strategies.
- Able to coach and mentor other researchers
- Can communicate with people and find it easy to explain and convey your findings and knowledge to others.
- The candidate must be able to communicate very well in English, both in written and oral form
Other meritorious experience:
- Professional research and/or work experience
- Standardization Work
- Competence on AI (ML algorithms and machine reasoning) and Analytics (NWDAF-For AI feedback) methods; statistical, probabilistic (e.g., Bayesian Networks), machine learning techniques; rule- / policy-based systems
- 5G Radio Access Networking and technologies (L1-L3)
- Container technologies and Service Based Architectures
- SDN, NFV, Network management and orchestration, protocols (YANG/NETCONF, TOSCA)
- Experience of working with open source platforms (e.g. ONAP)
- Telecommunication and networking hands-on experience (implementation, testing, configuration, deployment)
- Working in EU Project Consortia
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Tag : MMEAHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Turkey (TR) || || Istanbul || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 275523