Digital Sourcing Category Manager
The Information Technology (IT) Sourcing Category Manager shall develop cost-effective Ericsson-wide category strategies for IT hardware, software, and services that are based on cross-functional requirements & business needs in both the North America Market Area & across Global Business Units.
The IT Category Manager is accountable for creating a category strategy, supplier selection, supplier business intelligence, benchmarking practice, commercial negotiations, category market knowledge, establishing a cost-effective & competitive market place that optimizes Ericsson’s supplier business. The role is also responsible for the Preferred Supplier List & internal compliance to it.
The role requires collaboration and alignment with other Market Area Sourcing teams as well as the centralized IT Category Global Team.
Through alignment & opportunities from Sourcing & stakeholders, sustainable solutions fulfilling stakeholder requirements, policies, laws & regulations shall be secured.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Strategic Sourcing: Negotiate, manage, coordinate, and drive sourcing activities for IT hardware, software and services, including preparing RFx, managing the process, analyzing competitive bids, awarding suppliers and coordinating call-off implementation.
- Spend Management and Analytics: Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and category market research to develop category strategies and plans aligned with the business stakeholders.
- Legal and Contracts: Work closely with Legal to redline and negotiate commercial contracts including service agreements, statements of work and amendments.
- Program Management: Drive cross-functional projects and programs involving suppliers. Build strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, functions – Legal, Finance, Supply, Sales and Suppliers.
- Expert on sourcing best practices, guide stakeholders and drive projects with the goal of sourcing with the best total cost of ownership.
Prime focus is on sourcing skills related to IT hardware, software and services which includes: servers, storage, software, software as a service, cloud, mobile, WAN, systems integration services, etc
- Team player – this role involves working on multiple cross-functional projects
- Relating & networking
- Persuading & influencing
- Adapting & responding to change
- Negotiation and argumentation skills
- Analytical skills, experience working with MS Excel and Tableau
- Commercial acumen & skills in sourcing IT categories
- Communication skills
- Ericsson portfolio knowledge is a plus
- Financial acumen & skills
- Presentation skills
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of Sourcing experience
- An undergraduate academic degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and working experience in sourcing IT categories
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 275464