Junior Integration Engineer - trainee position
Are you eager to work with the latest IT and telecom technologies and to deliver world-class telecommunication networks? We are now offering an opportunity to join our technical team of engineers. Our team has the responsibility of performing product pre-sales and delivery in Romania and Moldova. Our delivery project activities are, for instance, to integrate new IT/Telecom products into customer network, upgrade existing nodes, expand existing nodes, configure existing nodes, and solve customer problems. Your day-to-day activities could include analysis, preparation, configuration, verification, troubleshooting and customer communication.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment, software and services for mobile network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile internet traffic passes through Ericsson networks. We are on the road to 5G and will create the networked society and the internet of things (IOT).
You can be based in our team either in Bucharest or Chisinau.
- Understand customer needs and prepare technical solutions, mainly in mobile internet and mobile voice areas
- Plan and execute product integration, configuration, upgrades, and expansions
- Prepare and execute system and acceptance tests
- Script to automate activities
- Support pre-sales activities
- Identify and drive improvements
- Keep both customer and internal stakeholders up-to-date of the progress
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Ongoing or nearly graduating M.Sc. / B.Sc. studies in a relevant field (informatics, Computer science, Automation Engineering, Electronics and telecommunication)
- Passionate about technology and about delivering outstanding results to customer
- Customer focus and desire to understand business
- Quick learner, hands-on skills
- Knowledge of telecommunication networks, especially the core network products and 5G
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, cloud computing environments, virtualization, SDN, NFV, and containers
- Hands-on experience on telecom core network nodes and cloud solutions
- Linux experience
- Scripting skills (Bash Scripting preferable, Shell, Python etc.)
- Virtualization (VMware and RedHat)
- MYSQL, Oracle database knowledge/Administrator
- IP Networking/Virtual Machines internetworking
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on test automation, test tools, and test management seen as advantage
- Experience on software development and deployment seen as advantage
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience on customer-facing roles seen as advantage
- High self-leadership skills
- Ability to work in English language
As an intern you may not possess all the listed capabilities, we expect some skills and passion in the field, and an open mind to learn.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Moldova, Republic of (MD) || || Chisinau || IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 274772